Working site Supervisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Working site Supervisor to join a reputable and long-established local Building Company
The role is with their busy contract works department dealing with traditional building works throughout Essex and South Suffolk region. The company works with domestic and commercial clients.
The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to manage the works of direct trades operatives and sub-contractors, whilst being able to deal with carrying out practical tasks of work. The role will involve the management of the site works, supported by the office based team. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to develop the role, with training as necessary and to work with a number of work streams that the company is involved with.
As a Working site Supervisor
Duties will include:
- Site based, working with the company’s own tradesmen and specialist subcontractors to work on and oversee the daily operations on projects. Typically ranging £20 - 250k and occasionally larger.
- To liaise with office team, clients and professionals to keep the information flow
- To assist in preparing and then monitor sequence programmes
- Ensure correct use of site Health & Safety procedures and to assist in preparing Health and safety documentation
- Site documents records keeping
- Coordinate site operations, including arranging delivery and storage of materials
- Set standards and oversee quality of works
- Monitoring effective management of appointed subcontractors and their workmanship
- Work in conjunction with the company to manage client expectations
An ideal Working site Supervisor
Will have the following:
- Must have SMSTS
- First aid qualification
- Tradesman and must have a wide based knowledge of the building practices.
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage.
Other qualities required of the successful individual:
- The person should be a positive individual prepared to join our team of dedicated professionals.
- The candidate should be capable of working as part of a team but also function well on their own.
- They must have excellent communication skills
- Must possess a current driving licence
Salary £36k – £40k
+ Company van for work use
+ 22 days annual leave
+ Paid bank holidays
+ Company auto enrolment pension
Our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.