Warehouse Operative – Early Shift
- £10.10 per hour
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- 10% in store discount
- Onsite subsidised canteen
- Free car parking
- Preference to promote from within
- Access to social and sporting events
Based at our purpose built, one million sq. ft. distribution centre at Amesbury, Wiltshire the site supports our plans to grow from 530 to 900 stores.
The site is one of the most advanced and highly automated distribution centres in the UK and runs 24/7.
We are looking for Warehouse Operatives to work on a fixed early shift 6.00am – 2.00pm, working 37.5 hours per week on a permanent contract. Your shift pattern will rotate each week, working 5 out of 7 days including regular weekends.
Suitable candidates will be reliable with a hands-on approach to work.
General warehouse duties include using an automated system to pick products onto cages which can then be dispatched to our stores. From here there will be opportunities to progress into other areas of the warehouse, including voice picking, loading, de-kit, goods in and more.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy working to targets in a fast-paced environment looking to start a career in warehousing and distribution.
- Complete general warehouse duties including picking, de-kit, loading and decant.
- Follow instruction and adhere to health and safety practices and procedures
- Work towards achievement of pick rate and other KPI targets
- Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided
Minimum Criteria To Apply:
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to work to targets
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Available to work weekends as part of the normal shift pattern (Saturday and Sunday)
- For insurance purposes, applicants must be at least 18 years old
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.