Warehouse / Driver
(37.5 hours per week – worked between 7am and 11pm on a shift rota – please note that 1 in every 4 weeks you will be required to do a late driving run which is till approx. 2am )
Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
We are currently recruiting a Warehouse/Driver who will be involved in part of the process of aseptically prepared products. You will work within the team to continue to develop our capacity and capability so that we can continue to deliver our products to hospitals and patient’s homes across the UK and beyond.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of our fantastic company community and is as committed to their career training and progression as we are. Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so you could join our friendly and dynamic team
Applicants must have a full, clean, current driving license. Previous warehouse and van driving experience is essential and must be demonstrable. A motorbike license and forklift truck license are desirable but not essential as full training will be given to gain these licenses. A DBS Check is a requirement for this role for any successful candidate.
Duties will include:
- Receive stock into the quarantine area as per the standard operating procedures, check and complete required documentation
- To co-ordinate and perform the picking, packing and dispatch of all orders for dispatch to clinical settings
- To monitor stock levels and coordinate with administration for ordering and resupply.
- Providing a prompt and responsive delivery service of medicines to hospitals and courier collection points as required
- Attending Monthly/Quarterly stock takes and assisting with the investigations of stock errors.
- Monitoring temperature control systems
- To maintain all of the documentation relating to the stores.
- To ensure that the relevant principles of “Good Manufacturing Practice” (GMP) are applied at all times
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- To follow Standard Operating Procedures and to contribute to the development and maintenance of these and other work instructions
- To undertake any other duties within the production team as required by your Manager/Supervisor which may include some out of hours work depending on the nature of the task.
The successful candidate should be courteous and professional at all times, you should be organised, be able to demonstrate initiative with excellent communication skills, backed with the ability to build strong relationships with customers. Flexible working hours are essential for this role.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has changed the commercial world of aseptic manufacture and is developing in the homecare market.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £20,480 per annum
- Monthly Shift Allowance
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays.
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Closing date: Mon 26th April 2021
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.