Visitor Experience Manager
Salary (Grade 4): £22,350 - £23,950 per annum full time equivalent will be pro rata for part-time hours (£11.46 - £12.28 per hour dependent upon experience)
Hours: Working on a 4-week rota pattern, 15 hours per week and 22.5 hours per week during school holidays until end of March 2022. Then moving onto annualised hours 14.71 per week from April 2022 on a 4-week rota pattern.
Location: National Museum of the Royal Navy, Hartlepool
The National Museum’s vision is to be the world’s most inspiring Naval Museum: inspiring, learning, enjoyment, and engagement with the story of the Royal Navy and its impact in shaping the modern world. To aid this we are recruiting for a Visitor Experience Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for ensuring all visitors experience an extraordinary, unique and memorable day out to the National Museum of the Royal Navy, Hartlepool.
You will be a champion of good customer service and have an eye for detail. Working as part of a team of Visitor Experience Managers and Supervisors, you will lead, motivate, and inspire your team showing you care about their overall happiness, health, and wellbeing at work. You will act as a positive role model for the operations team supporting them to achieve commercial targets relating to souvenir guidebooks, gift aid conversion, upselling tickets, and retail offer.
You will be responsible for the security of our sites and attractions, our buildings and collections and the safety of our staff and visitors, making sure the site is safe throughout the day and implementing risk assessments; a cool head and a calm manner is a must.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of:
- Leading, inspiring and motivating teams
- Excellent customer service and customer care principles
- Commercial awareness and how to drive income through a high-quality customer experience
- Health and Safety requirements and a willingness to learn more.
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Working in a supervisory or management role
- Working in a customer focused environment including responsibility for commercial activity
- Motivating people to achieve their best, especially in times of change.
- Delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Working independently and as part of a team while organising/prioritising workload to meet changing demands to comply with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and diverse workplace within a unique heritage environment.
- Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit).
- Free onsite parking.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 days (plus bank holidays) after 5 years’ service.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Flexible working.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Digital mental wellbeing resource for you and a ‘plus one’.
- Free admission to other museums and attractions within the reciprocal agreement.
- Discounts at our shops and cafes.
- Free and discounted tickets for family and friends.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact the Operations Manager by emailing email@example.com
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified. Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and are required by 11.30pm on Sunday 7 November 2021.
We will be conducting the interviews at the National Museum of the Royal Navy, Hartlepool week commencing Monday 15 November 2021.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to the application process because of a disability, please contact the HR team by emailing email@example.com for support.