Transport Route Planner
Sunday to Thursday 10:00 to 19:00 (40 hours per week)
Salary £25,000 - £28,000 DOE
As a Transport Route Planner, your primary objective is to ensure that distribution efficiency is maximised through vehicle utilisation, route planning and scheduling. You will report into the Transport Manager and work closely with Operations Management teams.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Daily route scheduling and planning;
- Maximise vehicle utilisation;
- Continuous improvement across the planning/ utilisation;
- Ensure compliance with vehicle legislative requirements;
- Ensure compliance with tachograph legislative requirements;
To be successful in the role, you will need to have:
- Transport planning experience, preferably across England/ Great Britain;
- Experience with an automated routing system is highly desirable;
- Excellent understanding of Working Time Directive/ tachograph legislative requirements;
- Ability to work with conflicting priorities and manage them;
- Ability to think on your feet;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Navision is highly desirable;
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.