Our client is looking for a highly organized Transport Planner / Administrator to aid their transport department. You will be carrying out administrative duties within the transport office, taking on planning responsibilities and providing customer services. Experience of Tachograph & WTD laws is beneficial, and a general knowledge of UK geography, road haulage / pallet networks essential.
Transport Planner / Administrator Responsibilities:
- Processing bookings, invoices, and entering costs on an in house system
- Booking in collections / deliveries to & from customers, as well as booking freight into the warehouse
- POD monitoring for all drivers / sub contractors
- Producing KPI reports
- Monitoring drivers tachograph infringements
- Liaising with drivers to ensure customers & managers are kept up to date with drivers progress on a daily basis
- Handling customer queries and escalating serious complaints to management
- Holiday cover on planning desk
Transport Planner / Administrator Requirements:
- At least 2 years experience as a Transport Planner / Transport Administrator
- UK Geographical knowledge essential
- Experience in processing orders, costs and PODs.
- Knowledge of Working Time Directive, Tachograph laws & transport compliance
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- Very good communication skills both internally & externally
- Problem solving and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to work alone, manage the workload and be able to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
Working hours are Monday to Friday, some flexibility is required on shifts so for example there may be slightly earlier starts / finishes (8am-4pm), or slightly later starts/finishes (10am-6pm) etc.
Salary is negotiable and depends on experience, guideline range being approximately: £20k-£25k.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP!