Training & Development Manager
Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. We are the largest private aseptic compounding provider in the UK and we have an exciting opportunity for a talented Training & Development Manager to join our growing and dynamic organisation.
This role will support operations carried out under an MHRA manufacturing license and is focused on but not limited to good manufacturing practice and quality management systems training.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Develop a site strategy for training in line with business and quality strategic goals.
- Develop and manage the business training plan to execute the strategy, to cover, Comportment (Aseptic practises) EHS, leadership effectiveness and basic training/onboarding.
- Manage the dedicated team of trainers ensuring that their practises are in line with industry best practises.
- Become a subject matter expert in aseptic methodology (gowning, sanitisation, sterilisation and manual practises) to advise the aseptic review board.
- Continually research methods and techniques in workplace training and remain up-to-date on developments within the industry, regulators and competitors.
- Integrate with all site functions regarding how well employees retain information and use the concepts learned in training courses.
- Develop competence testing mechanisms and tests for use in demonstrating the effectiveness of training strategies.
- Create printed and instructional materials in a variety of formats to be distributed during training.
- Manage and report training status via Dashboards, KPI’s and periodic review reports. Conduct regular meetings with senior management to identify subjects to be addressed or areas in need of additional instruction and to arrange celebrations for training successes.
- Create internal marketing materials to be distributed throughout the company to announce training programmes and details.
- Source and organise external training as necessary within the constraints of the training budget.
- Write and manage the site training budget.
- Member of the senior management team for the business.
The skills and attributes you will bring
- CIPD level 3 or working towards
- Experience analysing company needs, lesson planning, development and implementation
- Extensive knowledge teaching theory for creating effective instructional materials
- Instructional experience in a group business setting
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite
- Presentation skills and train the trainer competency
- Strong understanding of standards for pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical manufacturing (GMP).
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organisation.
- Experience developing annual training plans and materials for all departments throughout the company
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing with service up to 34 (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme (enhanced company contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals?”
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.