Support Worker - Waking Nights
Salary: £9.28 per hour
Location: St Albans
Hours: Full-Time, 4 nights a week required
Do you want a role with variety?
Do you want to make a difference to people's lives?
We are currently looking for an individual on a full-time basis who is dedicated and compassionate to join our busy residential service and another individual on a part-time basis to join our supported living service in St Albans. We currently provide support to individuals who have a range of needs and disabilities but are united by a love of life and in most cases music. Our mission is to help those individuals make life happen, and our Support Workers are a key part of that aim.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with daily chores such as cooking and cleaning
- Promoting independence amongst the people we support
- Personal care
- Dealing with complex needs
- Liaise with other agencies and families
To be a successful Support Worker you should be a kind and compassionate individual with a genuine desire to help people. You should have the ability to use your initiative to ensure that the individuals we support are able to do the things they love where possible.
We expect our Support Workers to combine this ability to adapt with a bright personality and a sense of humour.
In return for your dedication as a Support Worker you will receive:
- £9.28 per hour
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
- This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check, the cost to be met by United Response. As part of the fight back against Covid 19, all our front line staff are tested regularly and are encouraged to take the vaccine as soon as they are able
Please note all these roles will include elements of evening and weekend work as well as sleep-ins so flexibility is desirable. Successful applicants will be subject to a full DBS check.
Please read the below information
To help keep the people we support and our staff safe and continue the fight against COVID-19 all our frontline staff are tested regularly and have access to supplies of PPE and relevant training. In addition to this and in line with recent Government announcements that all new employees in Registered Care Homes will be required to receive both doses of the COVID-19 vaccination. This role is within one of our Registered Care Homes and if you are successful in your application, you will be required to have both doses of the COVID-19 vaccination.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page where you can see more details on the position and complete your application.