Our vision is to empower refugees and migrants who reside in the UK to lead self-sufficient and ambitious lives.
ACH is a social enterprise comprised of a diverse group of strategists and researchers led by lived experience. We provide tailored integration services that not only help individuals, but also disrupt the systems that have entrenched inequalities in our society.
We have a track record of delivering effective support services that give refugees and migrants the tools they need to succeed. In 2021 alone, we have helped 1000+ people to achieve their personal goals and lead fulfilling lives in their new country.
By working with us at ACH, you will be supporting refugees and migrants to build a better, brighter future.
Purpose of role
The Support and Integration Officer is responsible for providing excellent standards of support, as well as quality information advice and guidance, to enable the resettlement and successful integration of refugees. This role is one of the main pillars of the service that ACH/Himilo provides.
- Completing an initial Pre-Tenancy Assessment for each person referred to the service as well as developing a personalised plan of support for them ensuring that it is reviewed regularly
- Giving advice and support on a range of issues including housing, finance, education, employment, health and immigration, as required.
- Supporting people with budgeting / registering with care providers / creating social networks / advocacy/ volunteering / training / employment opportunities etc.
- Making internal and external referrals to others services e.g. ACH / HIMILO or other relevant external agencies and referral partners as appropriate
- Organising and attending group trips to local places of interest for our tenants
- Developing links with external organisations or agencies to promote the needs of refugees and create opportunities for partnership working.
- Effectively managing a designated caseload of tenants, as well as keeping accurate records and maintaining case files to a high standard.
- Fully participating in team meeting, staff meetings, training sessions, supervision and any other relevant forum or communication processes.
- Organising house meetings and visiting our tenants both at their properties and in the community
- Making use of CRM Salesforce reports to improve case management
This list is not exclusive or exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out other duties deemed necessary by your line manager.
Please see the full our description on our website https://www.ach.org.uk/careers/support-and-integration-officer
How to apply
To apply please complete our application form on our website. (You can access this by clicking 'apply'.)
For an informal conversation or to find out more about ACH or the role, please don’t hesitate to contact our People and Culture Manager, Werner Lourens - email@example.com
Due to the nature of this post, an enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for successful applicants, but only with their prior consent.
Applicants need to have right to work in the UK and access to their own vehicle for business use to be considered for this role. We may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.