Corsham Science is part of a family of companies that uses cutting-edge science and technology to deliver healthcare services, medicines, and microbiological testing products. Together we’re the UK’s fastest growing privately owned pharmaceutical company, and we are investing in growing our science and technology teams.
Our innovation in science, technology and software has been a powerful driver of growth for us. In particular, our in-house software development teams have contributed to making our products and services safer, more efficient, and more cost-effective.
We are in the process of expanding from one development team to three to meet the growing demand for development work within the business.
We are looking for self-motivated, engaged individuals to work remotely initially, and from our office in Corsham when circumstances permit.
You will need strong technical knowledge, and a proven track record of problem-solving with a minimum 3 years experience. The ability to learn quickly is important as you’ll have to pick up new technologies, and you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical business domain. Strong communication skills are essential so you can interact with key stakeholders across multiple levels and understand business requirements.
What will be expected of you
- Work with both local and remote team members, using agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programs using appropriate standards and tools.
- Understand the activities of our businesses and the bespoke software in use across them. Gain a deep understanding of specific areas of the business.
- Suggest appropriate software solutions to business problems presented by our users. Collaborate with stakeholders to document user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Produce system specifications and designs, review specifications produced by others. Work with well-understood technology and identify appropriate design patterns.
- Understand information security and the types of security controls that can be used to mitigate security threats within solutions and services.
- Help fix software faults and carry out infrastructure maintenance tasks following agreed procedures.
- Understand and participate in our Scrum development process. Suggesting process improvements and identifying new development tools which may be of use to the team.
- Gain a depth of knowledge of the GxP and data integrity regulations. Design solutions and services with regulatory requirements in mind and produce validation documentation for the business.
You should have experience in the following technologies:
- Programming with an object-orientated language (preferably C#)
- Building HTTP APIs
- HTML / CSS
- Automated unit & integration testing
- SQL, ORM frameworks and Database Design
- Git and Github
Even better if you have experience in some of the following:
- Working in an agile environment (Scrum)
- Delivering software into a regulated environment
- Cloud technologies (e.g AWS)
- .Net Core
- CQRS, Event sourcing and message-based architectures
- Document databases
- CI/CD tools such as TeamCity
- In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service
- Generous Pension scheme (you contribute 6% company contributes 8%)
- Flexible working hours
- Life Assurance
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
“Building software to power the next generation of science companies”
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply ASAP.
By clicking apply you will be taken to our careers page where you can complete your application.