45,000 - 55,000 per annum
Corsham Science is part of the Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd family of companies. Together we use cutting-edge science and technology to deliver healthcare services, medicines, and microbiological testing products. Together the QPHL group is UK's fastest growing privately owned pharmaceutical company, and we are investing in growing our science and technology teams.
Our innovation in science, technology and software has been a powerful driver of growth for us. In particular, our in-house software development teams have contributed to making our products and services safer, more efficient, and more cost-effective.
About the role
At Corsham Science we work alongside our sister companies to develop and maintain bespoke software solutions, which on a daily basis are used to deliver medication and medical services to patients and to help humankind win the war against pathogens.
Due to the continued success and growth of the group we are expanding our development team to ensure we can meet the growing demand for development work.
We are looking for passionate and talented software developers to join our growing team, at an exciting time. You should be self-motivated and engaged, and willing to actively collaborate with the development team, supporting both Senior and Junior Developers when required.
You should be comfortable working remotely, under your own initiative and as part of the wider team. You will need strong technical knowledge, and a proven track record of problem-solving with a minimum 3 years experience. The ability to learn quickly is important as you'll have to pick up new technologies, and you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the business domains you work across. Strong communication skills are essential so you can interact with key stakeholders across multiple levels and understand business requirements.
What you'll do:
- Work with both local and remote team members, using agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programs using appropriate standards and tools.
- Understand the activities of our businesses and the bespoke software in use across them. Gain a deep understanding of specific areas of the business.
- Suggest appropriate software solutions to business problems presented by our users. Collaborate with stakeholders to document user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Produce system specifications and designs, review specifications produced by others. Work with well-understood technology and identify appropriate design patterns.
- Understand information security and the types of security controls that can be used to mitigate security threats within solutions and services.
- Help fix software faults and carry out infrastructure maintenance tasks following agreed procedures.
- Gain a depth of knowledge of the GxP and data integrity regulations. Design solutions and services with regulatory requirements in mind and produce validation documentation for the business.
You should have experience in the following technologies:
- Programming with an object-orientated language (preferable C#)
- Building HTTP APIs
- Automated unit and integration testing
- SQL, ORM frameworks and Database Design
- Git and Github
Even better if have experience in some of the following:
- Working in an agile environment (scrum)
- Delivering software into a regulated environment
- Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- .Net Core
- CQRS, Event Sourcing and message-based architectures
- Document databases
- CI/CD tools such as TeamCity
- Salary of 45,000 to 55,000 per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge and skills)
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with service
- Generous pension scheme, where if you contribute 6% the company will contribute 8%
- Life assurance
- Company bonus scheme
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.