Shift Leader / Value Stream Manager
The Pharmaxo group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. Through our scientific research and technology capabilities, the team continues to develop innovative methods to improve our products and services. We are located in a new, multimillion pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath.
Bath ASU (part of the Pharmaxo Group) produces around 2,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
You will be responsible for ensuring customer orders are delivered on time and in full. Your role is about ensuring the team are organised and led effectively to complete the daily schedule. To lead your team to exceed customer expectations and to closely monitor the team’s overall performance using KPI’s and scorecards. To offer feedback and coaching to the team to ensure they are high performers in every aspect. To ensure everything your team does is focused on quality and adheres to GMP. To make good data driven decisions. To report and contribute to continuous improvement activities. To effectively communicate at all levels.
Your duties & responsibilities
- To ensure all H&S issues are correctly documented and acted upon
- To conduct Area Lead meetings at appropriate times and with appropriate content which is recorded on the white board:
- Brief review of previous day – highs/lows
- Ensure customer priorities are communicated and assign accountability
- Advice about specific training and timings of
- Discuss any compliance or process related issues/activity
- To monitor plan and maintain adherence to the schedule during shift
- To report into the daily production plan meetings with all relevant data including expected time of completion of batches currently in progress
- To have frequent comms with Area Leads to ensure priorities are being driven and that the team are organised effectively.
- To ensure plan is agreed in advance +1 day, falls in line with available hours and is completed in full daily.If all items are not made a report is required as to why and what actions are needed to correct.
- Ensure all timed batches are prioritised and leave production with enough time to Quality check, pack and despatch on time.
- To monitor team and capture performance data – to develop and put PIP’s in place when required.
- To conduct 121’s & PDR’s in line with company requirements
- To conduct disciplinaries (with HR and DPM guidance if required)
- To complete daily shift report at the end of every late shift – ensuring that all areas are accurately completed, and all aspects are checked fully
- To compile weekly team data report to be sent to the DPM’s and HoP. This should contain output analysis (ATS), batch timing review (accuracy and variance by manufacturer), performance data by manufacturer (alignment with timings, number of items, rejects/deviations etc), PIP updates, 121 progress, PDR update, training hours completed, IT & Maintenance tickets raised, QER’s raised and action progress and any H&S issues and any other people issues.
- To report and follow up IT issues ensuring timely resolution and minimised downtime
- To report and follow up maintenance issues ensuring timely resolution and minimised downtime
- To assist with reviews for QER’s as and when required, to provide relevant feedback within timelines outlined
- To ensure changes to documents are communicated effectively to the team to ensure updates are applied and relevant documents are signed and consolidated.
- To create a weekly rota which ensures fair coverage of workload. This must be worked on with all shift leaders to ensure adequate coverage across all manufacturing.
- To participate in weekly GMP area inspections and to take actions and ensure completion
- To review SOP’s and work with AL’s to ensure they are up to date and reflect actual process
- To spend time within the unit (at least once daily) coaching and supporting the production team.
- To ensure any worksheet corrections are followed through and amended
- To participate in the out of hours call out rota as per the rota system
- To complete any other reasonable request
The skills & attributes you will bring
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- You will be driven and tenacious in order to ensure excellent customer service
- You will be a leader who is able to motivate a team to success
- You will be engaging
- You will be organised and methodical in your approach
- You will be reflective and able to adapt
- You will be able to deal with any issues effectively and/or escalate when required
- You will be a team player, able to see the bigger picture and offer support
- You will generate improvement ideas and want to see them through to fruition
- You will be a decision maker and stand by those decisions
- You will be ambitious
- You will be supportive and facilitate your team’s development
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays). This is increased by 1 day after 1 year of continuous employment, up to a maximum of 34 days (including bank holidays).
- Company quarterly bonus scheme
- Pension - you will be auto-enrolled after 3 months of employment at 5%. You can opt to contribute 6% to which the employer will contribute 8%.
- Life assurance 8x salary with a max of £200,000
- 6 month probation period
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application form.