Senior Software Developer
Corsham Science is part of a family of companies that uses cutting-edge science and technology to deliver healthcare services, medicines, and microbiological testing products. Together we’re the UK’s fastest growing privately owned pharmaceutical company, and we are investing in growing our science and technology teams.
Our innovation in science, technology and software has been a powerful driver of growth for us. In particular, our in-house software development teams have contributed to making our products and services safer, more efficient, and more cost-effective.
We are looking for self-motivated, engaged individuals to work remotely initially, and from our office in Corsham when circumstances permit.
You will need strong technical knowledge, and a proven track record of problem-solving. The ability to learn quickly is important as you’ll have to pick up new technologies, and you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical business domain. Strong communication skills are essential so you can interact with key stakeholders across multiple levels and understand business requirements.
We are looking for developers with a minimum 5 years experience. You will need to get up to speed quickly in order to help with the mentoring and on-boarding of more junior hires as we undergo this period of expansion.
What will be expected of you
- Take technical responsibility for all the stages and iterations of a software development project. Work with both local and remote team members using agreed specifications to design, code, test and document systems using appropriate standards and tools.
- Provide technical advice to stakeholders and help select appropriate design standards, methods and tools for use by our team.
- Mentor junior team members and review the work of others to ensure the team produces consistently high-quality output.
- Focus on one of our group companies to gain a deep level of domain understanding. Be able to identify areas where software solutions can provide improvements to existing processes, collaborating with stakeholders to document user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Specify and design systems characterised by high levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity.
- Have a depth of knowledge in information security, be able to design systems with controls that mitigate against common security threats.
- Identify, locate and competently fix faults in our production systems. Take responsibility for deployments and infrastructure maintenance tasks characterised by higher levels of risk.
- Participate in our Scrum development process, facilitating the various Scrum ceremonies when the team lead is absent. Be able to reflect on our development process and suggest meaningful improvements.
- Gain a depth of knowledge of the GxP and data integrity regulations. Design solutions and services with regulatory requirements in mind and produce validation documentation for the business.
You should have experience in the following:
- Mentoring and on-boarding junior employees
- Programming with an object-orientated language (preferably C#)
- Building HTTP APIs
- HTML / CSS
- Automated unit & integration testing
- SQL, ORM frameworks and Database Design
- Cloud technologies (e.g AWS)
- Git and Github
- CI/CD tools such as TeamCity
Even better if you have experience of:
- Working in an agile environment (Scrum)
- Delivering software into a regulated environment
- .Net Core
- CQRS, Event sourcing and message-based architectures
- Document databases
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary of £50,000 - £65,000 per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service
- Generous Pension scheme (you contribute 6% company contributes 8%)
- Flexible working hours
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply ASAP.
By clicking 'apply' you will be taken to our careers page where you can complete your application.