Role: Senior Developer
Reporting to: Head of DataOps
Location: Remote (Brighton Office)
Our client’s solutions supply multi-hazard data and analytics, for all natural, physical related perils. They combine the best data science in each territory with their market leading exposure analysis and risk scoring approaches. They can provide data or risk scores at any desired resolution, down to individual address or site location, via GIS-files and APIs. This enables their clients to better assess, manage and mitigate the risks to specific sites. And right now, they are looking for a Senior Developer to join their DataOps Platform Team.
What you do as a Senior Developer
They are currently transitioning to a full cloud-based solution, where they ingest, store, process, and disseminate their data to their customers in the financial services sector. This sector requires a high level of reliability, security, and standardization. As a new senior developer, you will be part of this exciting journey.
You will work closely together with various stakeholders such as the sales team, the product team, and the research team in order to get the full picture of all the different requirements so you can create or improve the solution design accordingly.
Besides that, you:
- Make sure that the solution design is implemented as designed. You roll out the infrastructure.
- Maintain the Azure infrastructure and monitor the costs and performance. You make sure their solution is properly scaled when needed.
- Share your knowledge with colleagues with less experience than you.
Where you will work
Our client is an innovative and data driven business unit working within a wider group business, with over 140 years’ experience. By leveraging this experience, they have a strong emphasis on digital business transformation and find themselves at the forefront of physical risk and climate change; being recognised as a leading global provider of data intelligence.
Voted Water Technology Company of the Year, they are expanding rapidly to deliver their highly accurate, best-in-class data products to the insurance and financial markets globally. Now is an exciting time to join the company, as they continue to build upon their market leading position in the financial services market and look to continue their growth into European markets and the rest of the world.
What you bring
You are a real team-player who easily connects with others no matter where they work, since they mostly work remote. You have a proactive attitude and take responsibility. The problem nor the solution are always clear, but you will do your best to figure out both. Besides that, you have:
- 5 or more years of commercial experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of security, web infrastructure and microservices on cloud-based applications.
- Knowledge and practical experience in building, deploying, and maintaining apps on Azure.
- Hands on experience with GIT, Docker, Terraform/ARM and DevOps pipelines.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Python.
Are you also familiar with GIS? Then that is a big plus.
What they offer you
One of the best things about joining the company is their rewards package. They appreciate the people who work with them, and you can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Medical & Dental Healthcare Plans (Subject to eligibility)
- Discretionary Profit-Related Payment Scheme
- Starting on 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
They aim to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, they need the best talent to come and work for them. They look for candidates with the right skills and values to join them and selection is based on a fair and equal process. They’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Diversity and Inclusion forms an integral part of everything that they do, bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being yourself at work and delivering an outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.