Our client is seeking an experienced accountant to join their Central London practice.
Established for over 30 years, this chartered accounting practice is a leading provider of audit, tax & advisory services. Clients include entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals from all over the world, large property portfolio businesses, global sports stars, and a growing number of listed companies.
What you’ll do:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced accountant to join a well-established accountancy practice and team of chartered accountants. In this role you will:
- Prepare monthly & quarterly management accounts
- Assist with bookkeeping duties; profit/loss calculations and analysis
- Prepare VAT returns
- Reconciling bank statements
- Audit financial information & analyse complex incomplete records
- Support senior members of the team in all aspects of financial accounting
- Getting involved with corporation tax & capital gains tax
- Work with an exciting client portfolio.
What you’ll bring:
- We’re looking for a hard-working and self-motivated individual with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude & willingness to get stuck in
- This individual will be part qualified and working towards their accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA or similar)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential
- Previous experience working in an accountancy practice would be desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills; highly numerical with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Working knowledge of accounting packages such as Sage & Xero
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient in MS Office.
- 22 days annual leave plus 8 UK bank holidays
- Central London location close to the City and the West End
- Study support to complete accounting qualification
- Performance related bonus
- Standard working hours (full-time, 9:30am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday)
- Flexible working is available – mix of WFH and office-based.