We're looking for an enthusiastic and organised school secretary to join a close-knit preparatory school in Central London. This role would be ideal for a confident and capable administrator who enjoys working with children. You'll have great written and verbal communication; accounting / bookkeeping experience would be desirable but not essential.
What you’ll do
You’ll be joining as a full-time secretary & working alongside the part-time admissions secretary. As the initial point of contact to the school, you will provide a warm welcome to all, be a confident and organised administrator, and enjoy working with children. You’ll ensure that the members of senior leadership team (SLT) and the school manager are fully supported in all aspects of their work from an administrative perspective, ensuring an efficient running of the school office as well as managing confidential and sensitive matters. Above all supporting and encouraging the school’s ethos in addition to its objectives, policies, and procedures. Other responsibilities will include:
- Management of the principal’s diary, school calendar, menus, allergy lists, medical plans & school website.
- Attending staff & leadership meetings where required and recording accurate minutes.
- Acting as a link between parents and the SLT team whilst processing enquiries.
- Handling confidential data such as: assessment results, student reports, census returns, admissions, leavers, student & staff information.
- Ensuring data integrity within their information management system.
- Producing and distributing group correspondence including E-news, event invitations, class updates & contact sheets.
- Providing communication between account providers, parents, and the school to deliver support with late clubs.
What you’ll bring
- A warm, calm, and pleasant manner with good communication and literacy skills.
- Excellent ICT and administrative skills, including Microsoft Office and experience of information management systems
- Previous experience in bookkeeping (preferably)
- Availability to work approximately three evenings per term for ‘Parent’s Evenings’.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Punctuality & reliability.
- Suitable references.
- An understanding of Data Protection laws and GDPR policies.
- Basic training in First Aid or the willingness to train towards a certificate.
- An enhanced DBS check & certified police checks or be willing to apply for one.
Our client is a well-established, family-owned preparatory school in central London that fosters lively, motivated and interested children with confidence in their own abilities but also a considerate awareness of their community. At the core of their ethos lies a dedication to the importance of emotional well-being as the foundation for creativity and growth along with the value of developing soft skills and emotional intelligence.