Sales Support & Contracts Officer
The Pharmaxo group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. Through our scientific research and technology capabilities, the team continues to develop innovative methods to improve our products and services. We are located in a new, multimillion pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath. The Pharmaxo Group comprises of:
Bath ASU produces around 2,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
Pharmaxo Healthcare is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
Pharmaxo Scientific holds and develops intellectual property, which is currently licensed to the group’s other operating subsidiaries.
You will be responsible for the preparation and submission of NHS documents, consortia groups, relevant procurement bodies, tender opportunities, and on-going contract management. You will also support the business with analytics to drive sales activities, especially around contract and customer compliance.
You will also ensure that hospital tendering strategies maximise key opportunities, leverage BathASU and Pharmaxo Healthcare’s differentiating factors and product portfolio. Your role is to reduce management complexity and maximise manufacturing efficiency.
There is also a need for you to support the Key Account Management Team with commercial operations and providing vacancy/holiday cover for the team.
- Develop an in depth understanding and awareness of the capabilities of Bath ASU & Pharmaxo Healthcare and the commercial service offerings available.
- Project manage tender preparation, complete and submit tenders according to deadlines both PQQ and ITT.
- Ensure appropriate change controls, internal approvals and processes are met before tender submissions are made.
- Monitor tender portals in conjunction with Cognisant Research on a weekly basis and review tender opportunities.
- Key contact for contractual issues and involvement with establishing issue resolution.
- Ensure all relevant framework agreements are signed.
- Developing and maintaining monthly reports monitoring customer uptake of products, awards on NHS contracts and individual customer arrangements.
- Responsible for generating monthly reports for contractual accounts incorporating key performance indicator information as per contractual requirements and individual customer arrangements.
- Responsible for monitoring that all contractual products required from Bath ASU are ordered in line with SOP’s and client specifications/contractual agreements.
- Maintain the monthly tender monitor.
- Actively promote and represent Bath ASU & Pharmaxo Healthcare directly to customers through answering account queries, product, and pricing enquiries
- Build effective relationships with Key Account Managers to enable the provision of pricing quotations directly to customers when required.
- Be responsible for updating/producing product catalogues, bona fide status monitoring, updating and creating client specifications.
- Monitoring standardised product contract compliance through effective customer relationships management.
- Archiving commercial documents on the S:drive.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- All personnel within the Bath ASU & Pharmaxo Healthcare Administration/Customer Service/Sales and Marketing/Production/QA/Administration teams
Commercial awareness and understanding
Strong commercial business understanding with respect to:
- NHS tenders and the area in which Bath ASU & Pharmaxo Healthcare operates.
- Can identify opportunities to expand the aseptic compounding business by identifying customer needs, delivering services, and adapting quickly to accommodate changing business and customer needs.
- Has the ability to interpret, analyse and present data, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word competent.
- Understanding of Salesforce CRM database
Negotiation, communication and relationship building
Can establish immediate rapport, inspires confidence in the customer and internal stakeholders and creates a positive impression through clear, open communication of key messages both written and spoken with strong presentation skills.
Must be self-confident and mature, show respect for customer/others opinion but capable of achieving the desired business outcomes for the compounding business by using influencing skills.
Demonstrable flexibility and adaptability can draw upon experiences to adjust approach and change priorities to meet customer and business needs.
Can show interpersonal sensitivity, recognizes emotions and demonstrates empathy towards others. Embraces the core values of Bath ASU & Pharmaxo Healthcare – “where patients come first.”
Sound technical understanding of aseptic compounding processes, products and their uses in treatment, aware of current issues and professional standards. Can evaluate technical and product opportunities quickly and position the Bath ASU compounding service appropriately.
Strategic and marketing awareness
Demonstrate understanding of broader company and compounding issues, understands the marketing overlay and aware of GMP regulations.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
In return we can offer:
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 34 days with service
- Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, fruit and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.