Post: Research and Projects Team Leader
Department: Research / Projects
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: circa £35,000
Location: Any ACH Office
Our vision is to empower refugees and migrants who reside in the UK to lead self-sufficient and
ACH is a social enterprise comprised of a diverse group of strategists and researchers led by lived
experience. We provide tailored integration services that not only help individuals, but also
disrupt the systems that have entrenched inequalities in our society.
We have a track record of delivering effective support services that give refugees and migrants
the tools they need to succeed. In 2021 alone, we have helped 1000+ people to achieve their
personal goals and lead fulfilling lives in their new country.
By working with us at ACH, you will be supporting refugees and migrants to build a better,
Purpose of job
The postholder will support the project management of both internal and external projects within the Research and Projects Team. Key activities include leading on the improvement and implementation of existing and new business processes and management information, active fundraising, and the project management of programmes and consultancy work.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Manager, the post holder will be expected to
manage their own independent workload, as well as supporting and line-managing the
Research and Projects Team. The main responsibilities are outlined below:
Contribute towards achieving ACH’s project strategic objectives
• Support the Business Development Manager to ensure effective development and delivery
of all projects and strategic objectives.
• Support the Business Development Manager to complete grant applications and tenders to
deliver business growth.
The postholder will support the project management of both internal and external projects
within the Research and Projects Team. Key activities include leading on the improvement and
implementation of existing and new business processes and management information, active
fundraising, and the project management of programmes and consultancy work.
Build and manage projects & achieve work targets
• Maintain and process project paperwork including funding paperwork, recording
invoices, payments, and budgets.
• Manage project calendar to ensure timely delivery of reports, meetings, and other
• Work with the Finance Team to efficiently administer invoices and monitor project
• Manage the project team to process contracts, commissioning, partnerships, invoices,
and other operational paperwork.
• Organise, store, and manage project information, documents, files, and data in line with
GDPR and ACH’s other relevant policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant procedures and regulations including, but not
limited to, Health and Safety, safeguarding, confidentiality and GDPR.
• Manage the project team to deliver administrative tasks related to projects including
event organising, liaising with interpreters, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Seek out potential business development and other funding opportunities.
Learning & expertise
• Deliver administrative tasks in relation to programme statistics and reports including in
relation to programme monitoring and evaluation.
• Conducting tactical and strategic research projects from scoping through to
implementation, creatively making use of the most appropriate methods and tools.
Develop and manage external relationships
• Manage project communications and act as first point of contact for external general
queries regarding existing projects.
• Build relationships with external stakeholders to develop opportunities for new projects
and areas of work.
• Contribute to ACH’s networking and external meetings with stakeholders.
• Support marketing team with media and communication administration activities.
• Contribute to the development of effective marketing strategies for new projects and
other areas of work.
• Provide content for the marketing and communications team in order to promote
Develop and manage internal relationships
• Support the Business Development Manager with record keeping volunteer expenses
and records of purchases of equipment.
• Participate in and contribute to organisational team meetings.
• Develop and manage effective work relationships and mechanisms between relevant
teams e.g., finance and operations / support and training.
• Support Business Development Manager to create reports for both the ACH and Himilo
Generate income and resources
• Provide administrative support to Business Development Manager in relation to grants
and tender paperwork.
• Work closely with Business Development Manager and Finance Team to maintain
accurate payment and reporting schedule of all successful grants, tenders etc.
This list is not exclusive or exhaustive, you may be asked to carry out other duties deemed
necessary by your line manager.
This list is not exclusive or exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out other duties deemed necessary by your line manager.
For more information on the role and ACH please view the full job description here and our recruitment pack here.
How to apply
For an informal conversation or to find out more about ACH or the role, please don’t hesitate to contact our People and Culture Manager, Werner Werner Lourens - email@example.com.
Due to the nature of this post, an enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for successful applicants, but only with their prior consent.
Applicants need to have right to work in the UK and access to their own vehicle for business use to be considered for this role. We may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment