Regional Nurse Manager – North Region
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd is a specialist pharmacy and clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater choice and convenience to patients whilst delivering value and efficiencies to the NHS and private sector.
You must be an NMC Registered Nurse with a current NMC Pin. We are looking for someone who has experience in clinical homecare and who is also determined and motivated to lead and manage the regional nurse team. You’ll be travelling throughout the region in this role, so a full UK driving licence is essential
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of our fantastic company community and is as committed to their career, training and progression as we are. Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so you could join our friendly and dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain strong personal values and high level of integrity
- Conducts 1:1 meetings and Professional Development Reviews (PDRs) with members of the clinical nurse team, in-line with the company policy.
- Carries out regular field visits with members of the nurse team, providing constructive feedback on all areas of their clinical work
- Be included on the on-call rota for out of hours service issues following required training
- Coordination of nurse visit scheduling according to nurse clinical competency
- Participates in the investigation and resolution of Complaints and Incidents where they specifically involve nursing services
- Performs regular audits of completed nursing documentation in conjunction with the Nursing Services Co-ordinator Team and Lead Nurses; providing feedback to the Head of Nursing
- Development, maintenance and delivery of Nurse Induction programme and participation in Company Induction for other departments
- Participates in the training and assessment of clinical competencies for new nurses and ongoing annual assessment for all nurses
- Ongoing review of clinical practices to ensure they are evidence based and in line with current practice
- Supports team members in registration revalidation
- Liaises with Head of Nursing to support clinical nurses to be an effective ‘link nurse’ for specific hospitals and services
- Providing support to nurse team colleagues who are undertaking a support and mentoring role with new starters
- Development and reviewing of clinical training packages for nurses ensuring there is a recognized sign-off process. This may involve working with outside agencies.
- Deliver Pharmacovigilance, Information Governance and Complaints & Incidents training to nurses, as required.
- Participate in Professional Development Reviews for self and provides timely performance feedback on clinical homecare nurses, as requested by the Head of Nursing
- Participates in Clinical Pathway Meetings to ensure specific service requirements and protocols are disseminated to the clinical nurse team
- Participate in national and regional tenders providing expert knowledge of disease area and requirements for excellent homecare services, as required
- Provides internal and external reports as requested
- Reviews and identifies current clinical processes seeking “Clinical Excellence” in the delivery of services proposing new methodology and working with internal stakeholders to deliver change management
- To continuously update knowledge of specialty and disease areas and relevant publications
- To ensure continued professional development (CPD) is updated to ensure fitness for revalidation
- Administration of prescribed medicines to patients either in a clinic or out of hospital setting, predominantly the patient’s home
- Record Keeping
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
Due to the nature of the company and this position all successful applicants will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience, knowledge and skills)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Quarterly Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Company car (full time)
- Reimbursement of NMC fees
- Ongoing training and support with revalidation
Commit to excellence. Join our team “Where patients come first”
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.