Rapid Microbiological Methods Product Manager
Microgenetics have developed and patented a highly sensitive, rapid microbiological method called SwiftDetect and are looking for someone to lead the market development of our technology within the pharmaceutical sector, which will include rapid sterility testing for pharmaceutical products. We have already successfully launched the technology in other industries.
We exist to help win the war against pathogens. We identify problems in microbiology that were previously impossible to solve and develop new technology to solve them. We are an exciting start-up backed by one of the UK’s fastest growing companies (Qualasept Pharmaxo) aiming to revolutionise microbiology.
We are currently working with partners in the pharmaceutical manufacturing, veterinary diagnostics, and agricultural sectors to develop our products:
- SmartControl – Environmental monitoring software that seamlessly captures images of every sample to ensure data integrity with zero capital expenditure.
- SwiftDetect – A rapid test that can detect the presence or absence of a single cell in a large volume in under six hours, using our patented hybrid PCR technology.
What you’ll do
The product manager will form a critical bridge between customers and the business. You will liaise with all members of the Microgenetics team, and your role will report directly to the Managing Director.
- Develop the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our rapid diagnostics product targeting the pharmaceutical industry
- Translate the product vision and strategy to detailed requirements for marketing & product development teams
- Work alongside scientists, marketers, engineers, and others to ensure timely delivery of our products
- Spend time with customers understanding how our product is used and how it could be improved, developing, and reporting on metrics to support you
- Agree and monitor service levels and ensure adequate resources are in place to deliver against them
- Own the change control process for the product
- Grow our understanding of customer, industry, and regulatory trends to identify new applications for development
- Contribute to other Microgenetics products with ideas for future product development
- Regularly travel to customer sites to understand how they use our product face to face, as required.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level in a relevant science field
- Experience in regulatory affairs and/or quality control/assurance
- Significant knowledge of industry-specific regulations for testing pharmaceutical products
- A strong vision for the use of rapid microbiological methods
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communications skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to quickly build rapport and a track record of managing multiple stakeholders
- Initiative, innovative creativity and tenacity to achieve objectives and overcome obstacles
- Ability to prioritise requirements in line with the vision and seeking objective data to support decisions as far as possible
Even better if you have
- Experience in having evaluated or introduced RMMs into a GMP environment
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday (increasing with service)
- Generous company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Company bonus scheme (dependent on profit goals)
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Microgenetics is based in a new science park development in Corsham in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy commutes from Bath, Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon.
Come and join us in revolutionising microbiology.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.