Quality Control Officer
Bath ASU (part of the Pharmaxo Group) produces over 2,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day to hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
To work in the Quality Control Laboratory in a safe and effective manner and in accordance with the recommendations of the Guide to Good Laboratory Practice, local procedures and all relevant safety regulations including Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and report risks and poor practices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake routine environmental monitoring including temperature, pressure, particulate and microbiological contamination. To report (on relevant form) any results which are outside the stated limits and participate in the immediate corrective actions, causes and preventative measures.
- Undertake routine analysis on a range of products including raw materials, containers/packaging, and finished products according to the appropriate Standard Operating Procedure.
- Complete a variety of tests on microorganisms in order to confirm their identity.
- Assist with operator validations.
- Raising and investigating out of specification reports
- Ensure stocks of materials and consumables are maintained at stated levels. Generate orders, receive and check off deliveries.
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment are kept clean and tidy. Recognise and report potential problems.
- Adhering to procedures and reporting deviations and changes
- Assist with quality improvement activities within the Quality Management System.
- Perform validation of equipment and be involved in the generation of validation documentation
- Maintenance of filing of all relevant records, reports and other documentation associated with QC, record any anomalies and report appropriately.
- To communicate with external agencies where appropriate, including QC laboratories, Manufacturers and Consumers (i.e. obtaining Certificates of Analysis/Documentation)
- To participate in personal development programme to ensure skills and knowledge are maintained and advanced in accordance with the needs of the post-holder and the service requirements.
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours or Bank Holiday rotas, when required to meet needs of service.
- Other duties as required by the Senior Managers
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holiday (increasing with service)
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Quarterly Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.