Quality Control Assistant
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of our fantastic company community and is as committed to their career training and progression as we are. Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so you could join our friendly and dynamic team.
Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day to hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Bath ASU is part of the QPHL Group which operates in the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. Formed in 2000 at the University of Bath the company relocated in 2006 to its current home in Corsham. The company has continued to grow in both capability and capacity.
We are currently recruiting a Quality Control Assistant within a Pharmaceutical industry who has excellent knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will have previous laboratory experience along with GCSE’s A-C in Maths, English and Sciences or BTEC equivalent.
You will need to be a motivated, enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work under pressure in this fast-paced environment and contribute to our continuing growth. They must have good attention to detail, be able to work independently and follow written and oral instructions. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has shaken up commercial aseptic manufacture in the UK and is the only independent company specialising in the sector.
What you will do
You will have a range of key responsibilities within the team to include:
- To work in the Quality Control Laboratory in a safe and effective manner and in accordance with the recommendations of the Guide to Good Laboratory Practice, local procedures and all relevant safety regulations including Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and report risks and poor practices.
- Undertake routine environmental monitoring including temperature, pressure, particulate and microbiological contamination. To report (on relevant form) any results which are outside the stated limits and participate in the immediate corrective actions, causes and preventative measures.
- Undertake routine analysis on a range of products including raw materials, containers/packaging, and finished products according to the appropriate Standard Operating Procedure.
- Complete a variety of tests on microorganisms in order to confirm their identity.
- Assist with operator validations.
- Raising and investigating out of specification reports
- Ensure stocks of materials and consumables are maintained at stated levels. Generate orders, receive and check off deliveries.
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment are kept clean and tidy. Recognise and report potential problems.
- Adhering to procedures and reporting deviations and changes
- Assist with quality improvement activities within the Quality Management System.
- Perform validation of equipment and be involved in the generation of validation documentation
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours or Bank Holiday rotas, when required to meet needs of service.
- Other duties as required by the Senior Managers
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £20,479.50 per annum
- 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holiday (Increasing with service)
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Closing date: 26th April 2021
By clicking 'apply', you will be taken to our careers page where you can complete your application.