Quality Assurance Officer
The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited (QPHL) Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
Microgenetics Ltd is a bio-technology business, currently offering two products: SmartControl and SwiftDetect. It operates both in the pharmaceutical and agricultural markets, bringing innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies.
Corsham Science Ltd uses cutting-edge science and technology to deliver healthcare services, medicines, and microbiological testing products.
The QPHL Group now includes over 400 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than £260 million.
We have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire
We are looking for a self-motivated, individual with knowledge and understanding of GMP, excellent communication and organisation skills are essential for this role.
If you have previously been a Pharmacy Technician or have experience in manufacturing approval or have experience with a QMS we would welcome an application.
To undertake this role, you should have good problem-solving skills with great attention to detail and be adaptable and willing to learn new skills. The successful candidate must have the confidence to give and seek advice when dealing with complex problems. Knowledge and understanding of the principles of QA and previous experience of product release are desirable but not essential as full training and development will be given.
We are looking for a proficient QA Officer who is a member or eligible to be a member of Royal Pharmaceutical Society, Royal Society of Chemistry or Institute of Biology, GPhC, Science Council
What will be expected of you
You will be responsible for:
- The final review of pre-manufacture batch documentation, following GMP guidelines.
- The Approval for Use (final release) of all products manufactured or repackaged according to licensing requirements, GMP and professional discretion.
As part of this your tasks will include but not exclusive to;
- Being the primary point of contact as part of the QA team providing information to other departments dealing with the production processes.
- Undertaking continuing professional development and attend any suitable training and update courses as deemed necessary and ensure a high level of competency is achieved.
- Ensuring that staff comply with GMP, COSHH and Health and Safety regulations and departmental SOP’s.
- Participating in any rota system that may operate within the product release team in order to deliver our service commitments.
- Highlighting any non-conformances to the relevant personnel.
- Supporting the QA team to include all parts of the Quality Management System that is in place to ensure we continue to develop activities and policies aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the service.
37.5 hours including evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing with service up to 34 (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme (enhanced company contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals?
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.