Post: Project Officer
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Research and Project Lead
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000
About the organisation
Our client’s vision is to empower refugees and migrants who reside in the UK to lead self-sufficient and ambitious lives.
The organisation is a social enterprise comprised of a diverse group of strategists and researchers led by lived experience. They provide tailored integration services that not only help individuals, but also disrupt the systems that have entrenched inequalities in our society.
They have a track record of delivering effective support services that give refugees and migrants the tools they need to succeed. In 2021 alone, they have helped 1000+ people to achieve their personal goals and lead fulfilling lives in their new country.
By working with them, you will be supporting refugees and migrants to build a better, brighter future.
Purpose of job
The postholder will support the project management of both internal and external projects within the Project Management & Business Development Team. Key activities include supporting the Project/Business Team on the improvement and implementation of existing and new business processes and management information, active fundraising, and the project management of programmes and consultancy work.
Reporting directly to the Research & Project Lead, the post holder will be expected to manage their own independent workload, as well as support the broader team. The main responsibilities are outlined below:
Contribute towards achieving the organisation’s project strategic objectives
- Provide administrative and Project assistance to Research & Project Lead to ensure effective development and delivery of all project and strategic objectives.
Build and manage projects & achieve work targets
- Maintain and process project paperwork including funding paperwork, recording invoices, payments, and budget.
- Manage project calendar to ensure timely delivery of reports, meetings, and other deadlines.
- Work with the Finance Team to efficiently administer invoices or project budget
- Provide administrative assistance to the project team in processing contracts, commissioning, partnerships, invoices, and other operational paperwork.
- Organise, store, and manage project information, documents, files, and data in line with GDPR and relevant procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant procedures and regulations including Health and Safety, safeguarding, confidentiality and GDPR.
- Provide administrative tasks related to projects including event organising, liaising with interpreters, clients, and other stakeholders.
Learning & expertise
- Support administrative tasks in relation to programme statistics and reports including in relation to programme monitoring and evaluation.
Develop and manage external relationships
- Manage & assist with project communications and act as first point of contact for external general queries regarding on-going projects.
- Contribute to the organisation’s networking and external meetings.
- Support marketing team with media and communication administration activities.
Develop and manage internal relationships
- Support Research & Project Lead (and volunteers) with record keeping volunteer expenses and purchase of equipment.
- Participate in and contribute to organisational team meetings
- Develop and manage effective work relationships and mechanisms between relevant teams e.g., finance and operations/ Support & Training
Generate income and resources
- Provide administrative support to Research & Project Lead in relation to grants paperwork
- Work closely with Senior Manager and Finance Team to maintain accurate payment and reporting schedule of all grants
- Support with bid writing and other fundraising activities
- 1-3 years of project management experience
- Demonstrate significant expertise in project development and management
- Experience coordinating activity on projects
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of monitoring and reporting on the progress of a range of different activities
- Knowledge of reporting systems for potential funders
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to manage meetings and events
- Work proactively with other departments within the organisation.
- Inclusive, collaborative, and approachable
- Inspiring, motivating and articulate communicator
- A ‘can-do’ and flexible approach with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple workloads
Applicants need to have right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our client’s job advert on the Recruiterwise job portal, where you can see more details on the client and job and apply to them directly.
Our client may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.