Production Technical Specialist
You will be a change agent and a pivotal part of ensuring we refine and continuously improve manufacturing processes to ensure we are as efficient as possible. You will work with the production team to poka-yoke all processes to drive RFT and OTIF to >99%. You will understand GMP and work within those parameters to ensure manufacturing remains compliant. You will add weight to the culture change from a reactive way of working to a proactive continuous improvement mentality, always striving to make processes better. This is an exciting and critical role in a fast expanding business.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- A change agent who can analyze data, conduct RCA and then generate an action plan and execute that plan to completion.
- Have reactive problem-solving skills to fix immediate issues when required
- Review trends in deviations and QER’s to take a more proactive approach to problem solving.
- Use Lean tools to enhance the production environment and coach the team to ‘work smarter not harder’.
- Assessment of all manufacturing processes to ensure poka-yoke is applied.
- Initiate and revise Production documentation (SOP’s) to ensure that Best Practice is employed, and that documentation is an accurate reflection of the process.
- Monitor, report on and reduce the 7 wastes within Production.
- The investigation and resolution of Production events including the introduction and monitoring of CAPA effectiveness.
- Drive improvements via the Change Control System by continuous monitoring of Compliance and throughput.
- To assist with the generation and delivery of Production training materials. Specifically, when new ways of working are introduced.
- To assist with quality improvement activities within the Quality Management System.
- Undertake or assist with investigative environmental monitoring including temperature, pressure, particulate and microbiological contamination. To report (on relevant form) any results which are outside the stated limits and participate in the immediate corrective actions, causes and preventative measures.
- To be a lean champion and coach the team in all things lean.
- To deputize for the Deputy Production Manager on shift as required.
- To assist with coordination of eMaint and preventative maintenance tasks, ensuring all validations are kept up to date and audit ready.
- To keep an up-to-date asset register and equipment life cycle sheet to assist with Capex budgeting.
- To coordinate and facilitate the deep cleaning schedule for all units.
- To ensure that the relevant principles of (GMP) are applied at all times.
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of Substances hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Commitment to participate in any overtime, extended hours and Bank Holidays rotas when required.
- To be a member of the ‘on-call’ team on a rota’d basis.
- Completion of the NCFE Level 2 Intermediate Award in Aseptic Services as part of your induction.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Production Management Team.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary of £30-37k per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals?
Closing date: 16th April 2021
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.