Part of the Pharmaxo Group, Bath ASU produces over 2,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is interested in a career within the pharmaceutical industry who wants to be part a team that are involved in the production of aseptically prepared products and put patients first. You will work within the team to continue to develop our capacity and capability so that we can continue to deliver our products to hospitals and patients homes across the UK and beyond.
- Produce batch documentation for cytotoxic batch manufacture and patient specific products, Pain Control and IV additive products.
- Facilitate the picking of controlled drugs for manufacture.
- Facilitate quality improvement activities within the Quality Management System.
- Participate in deviation and complaint investigations as requested.
- To ensure that the relevant principles of “Good Manufacturing Practice” (GMP) are applied at all times.
- Conduct Production Batch release activities ensuring that products and documentation meet both the Product Specification and GMP requirements.
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- To follow Standard Operating Procedures and to contribute to the development and maintenance of these and other work instructions.
- To be able to adapt and work appropriately in non-routine situations.
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours rotas or Bank Holidays rotas.
- To attend such study days and up-dating courses as are deemed necessary for the development of the unit and yourself.
- Other tasks as required by the production management team.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £23,344 per annum
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week worked on a rota between 07:00 am and 20:00 pm
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service.
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, free parking and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.