We are looking for someone to join our team to lead the management and development of the software products which underpin the operation of the Bath ASU and Pharmaxo businesses. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual, with a proven track record of working within a software product management role in a fast-paced environment.
You should have agile, specifically SCRUM, experience, and the ability to quickly gain an in depth understanding of the business to enable you to translate the product vision into detailed and deliverable requirements. An eye for detail is a must, along with an understanding of the bigger picture and the ripples in a pond effect that product changes can bring.
This is a hands-on role and one that will work with a wide range of people, from end users to the QPHL Executive team. The role comes at an exciting time for both Bath ASU and Pharmaxo, providing an opportunity to help drive the product changes needed to contribute to the delivery of ambitions growth plans. It is a role that will see you add value to the Bath ASU and Pharmaxo businesses, and their customers, from day one.
Your Duties & responsibilities
Product Vision, Strategy and Roadmap
- Proactively engage with the businesses to understand the processes undertaken both internally, and externally by Customer's, and how the product can support the user.
- Look for and propose opportunities to add external value to Customers and patients and, where possible, create unique functionality increasing customer loyalty.
- Where required, contribute to the definition and documentation of the product vision and strategy alongside the Managing Director of each business and other senior managers.
- Maintain an 18 to 24 month Product Roadmap for each business, ensuring priorities align with the business growth plans and budget models.
- Work with Senior Developers to agree high level development timescales for the Roadmap, ultilising project estimation techniques such as T-Shirt estimating.
- Assist the business with the translation of the product vision into requirements for review and approval.
- Draft and refine user stories alongside the Senior Developers, which can be estimated by the development team.
- Attend estimation sessions to support the development team and ensure estimations are as accurate as possible.
- Attend daily stand up meetings in the capacity of Product Owner, to help overcome any roadblocks presented by the development team.
- Be accessible throughout the development process to answer questions and provide clarification as required by the developers.
- Where required, maintain burn down/up charts which can be presented to the business to update on project progression.
- Assist the business in impact assessing the developed changes to allow the business to determine the user acceptance testing required.
- Obtain from the business a user acceptance testing plan to allow deployment plans to be finalized.
- Liaise with the business, development team and where applicable wider QPHL group functions (e.g. Business Intelligence) to agree the deployment of approved features.
The skills & attributes you will bring
- Demonstrable experience as a Product Manager/Owner within a SCRUM development environment.
- Experience of managing systems that are both internal and externally facing, and delivering to Customer requirements.
- The ability to understand the bigger picture and the ripples in a pond effect that product change can bring.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communications skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and a track record of managing multiple stakeholders with strong examples of clear and concise communication.
- Initiative, innovative creativity and tenacity to achieve objectives and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to prioritise requirements in line with the vision and seeking objective data to support decisions as far as possible.
- Passionate for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change.
- Experience of working in a relevant environment for example a GPhC or GxP regulated environment.
- Knowledge or experience of computer system validation.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
Commit to excellence. Join our team Where patients come first .
Closing date: 3 rd May 2021
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.