Office Based - Hertford
Monday to Friday 9am till 6pm
Our client was formed in 1985 and since their inception they have been focused on designing new and innovative luggage products with features that consumers need.
From the early 1990’s the company has been at the forefront of luggage design, pioneering the growth of hard-shell luggage, inventing the first expandable hard case. It has many patents on its innovations including the “world’s lightest” collection, which since its launch in 2008 has achieved record breaking sales in stores worldwide.
The group headquarters are in Hertford. It operates internationally, with subsidiaries in Hong Kong, USA and Europe and offices in China. There are current plans to open a luggage factory in Thailand.
They are looking for a professional to contribute to the current high growth of the business and work with their Procurement team.
Has responsibility for the day to day buying requirements within the HARD or SOFT category.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- Delivering strategies for daily negotiations with colleagues in China office
- Maintain & Improving the Established Relationship with their China Office.
- Assisting with maintaining a record of data and adhering to new processes and systems.
- Ensuring all company processes and procedures are adhered to including an effective email filing system.
- Ensuring Purchase Orders are sent out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Always Maintaining the highest accuracy of all documentation.
- Checking samples & swatches to ensure products we ship meet the negotiated-quality standards.
- Communicating effectively with other Departments.
- Proven successful track record within a buying-procurement/product environment
- Highly organised, methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Good negotiation, influencing and analytical skills
- High level mathematics/numeracy skills (including GCSE maths A or B or equivalent)
- Possess excellent PC skills – proficiency in Excel and Outlook are essential
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process, and they would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.