Pharmaxo Group produces over 2,000 injectable pharmaceutical products every day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Our growing service business builds on our leading edge products through a network of nurses who administer the medicines to patients in their homes benefiting the patient experience, and the cost to the NHS.
Pharmaxo currently employ over 500 people and generates £260M sales. Operating out of attractive, new offices and manufacturing facility in the Corsham Science Park, the Group is now poised to embark on the next step in its ambitious journey.
We are looking for an experienced and pro-active Procurement Manager with Pharmaceutical Industry, Life Sciences or NHS experience, and familiarity with working in a short cycle, service orientated business, taking the commercial lead for procurement and having the business acumen to partner with the Leadership in the Group subsidiaries.
Reporting directly into the General Manager, you will work with multiple stakeholders, including senior management to support our vision, ambition and our commitment to patients. In addition, you will lead, coach, and mentor the purchasing team of four, being hands on in managing and maintaining stock levels to maximise business efficiencies and effectiveness.
What you will be doing
- Develop the organisation's procurement strategy & policy
- Lead and mentor a team of 4 procurement specialists
- Conduct research to ascertain market trends and needs
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Develop market knowledge and contacts for new products and services
- Evaluate bids, making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Negotiate supplier agreements and monitoring their progress and SLA’s
- Process forecast gap analysis responses and mitigate risks to continual supply
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Attend supplier meetings, distribution centres and trade conferences
- Build & maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
The skills and attributes you will need
- Highly developed and complex levels of knowledge enabling you to develop original responses to complicated and unpredictable problems and situations
- The ability to apply specialist learning, involving detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge. CIP’s qualification would be an advantage
- In-depth technical knowledge and pro-active in guiding the Procurement Team
- This role will be predominantly office based in Corsham, Wiltshire
Qualities you will need
- Perseverance to overcome challenges, in line with our Value that Patients Come First
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast and ever-changing environment
- The ability to empathise with both patients and your fellow staff
In return we can offer
- A competitive salary (depending on qualifications, knowledge and experience)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Increasing with service
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.