Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. The Group currently employs over 400 people and generates 260M sales. Operating out of attractive, new offices and manufacturing facility in the Corsham Science Park, the Group is now poised to embark on the next step in its ambitious journey.
Bath ASU and Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd are looking for an organized and pro-active Procurement Assistant. Ideally with procurement experience, we would however consider an individual with other business experience with the skills and desire to learn quickly. This needs a great communicator and someone who enjoys solving problems with plenty of business accumen.
Duties & responsibilities
- Monitoring levels of demand for services, products and/or component parts to be used in the business;
- Keeping a constant check on stock levels to maximise business efficiency;
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Identifying potential suppliers;
- Supporting bid evaluations, and agreement of contracts;
- Checking costs, quality and levels of service;
- Monitor and report supplier performance against functional Key Process Indicators (KPI's)
- Conducting research to ascertain market trends and needs.
- Developing market knowledge and contacts for new products and services;
- Attending meetings and trade conferences;
- Visiting distribution centres and suppliers;
- Producing reports and statistics;
- Attend study days and up-dating courses to support the development of the procurement function and your own skills and knowledge
- To undertake any other duties as required
The skills and attributes you will need
- GCSE Maths and English Language grade C/5 or equiavelent
- Experience of working in an office administration role. Procurement experience would be an advantage.
- Numerically confident and Microsoft Office literate.
Qualities you will need
- Good communication skills, enjoy dealing with people, whether by phone or in person
- Perseverance to overcome challenges, in line with our Value that Patients Come First
- The ability to empathise with both patients and your fellow staff
- Flexible and able to work within the stores and factory area for stock management
- Eager to learn and study for the Chartered Institute of Purchasing (CIPs) qualification
- This role will be predominantly office based in Corsham, Wiltshire
In return we can offer
- Salary of 20,844 per annum
- 2 9 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.