Prescription Management Technician
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, award winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK. Homecare pharmacy bridges the gap between community and hospital pharmacy, you will work as part of an established team to supply medicines to patients being treated within their own homes. This is an exciting opportunity for a Prescription Management Technician to join our friendly team and develop their skills and knowledge in a supportive environment.
You will be the operational and 1 st line governance lead for the prescription management team and as such will play a crucial role in ensuring prescriptions are managed effectively across the business. You will be accountable for ensuring prescription requests are made in sufficient time to allow prescriptions to be received and processed to ensure patient deliveries are on time. You will be responsible for ensuring prescription reconciliation activities are conducted in a timely manner and creating reports to enable appropriate management of prescribing centres.
Working with Business Intelligence you will develop reports to ensure Pharmaxo meets its obligations regarding prescription reconciliation. Working closely with prescribing centres to ensure Key Performance Indicators for prescription accuracy and timeliness are met in addition to meeting minimum regulatory requirements and to raise nonconformance with customers pharmacy teams. You will identify and escalate governance issues to the Pharmaxo Pharmacist and Quality teams to ensure all regulatory and good practice standards are met. You will need to be IT literate and be competent in developing reports using MS office tools including data manipulation in MS Excel.
You will develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Job Aids to ensure the prescription team act in accordance with all written processes and will be responsible for managing the performance of the team. You will create training documentation for prescription management and patient services team members to ensure the team meet the required service and governance levels.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- You will be responsible for managing the team of Prescription Coordinators, including training, development and monitoring performance.
- You will be responsible for ensuring prescription requests are made in sufficient time and ensuring requests are made in accordance with SOPs and contractual obligations.
- You will work with the Pharmacist team to oversee the prompt resolution of clinical and patient queries relating to prescription queries via email or phone.
- You will ensure all prescriptions received are handled in accordance with SOPs and entered into the Patient Management System in a safe and timely manner.
- You will be responsible for ensuring prescriptions received are accurately assessed for completeness and any reconciliation activities recorded accurately within the systems.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the prescription inbox is resourced and ensure good communications with all prescribing centres.
- You will be responsible for monthly reports identifying governance non-compliance and working with the Pharmacist and KAM team to resolve any issues.
- You will identify customer sites not meeting the required timeframe for prescription receipt and perform audit activity on the timeliness and accuracy of prescriptions from all sites.
- You will work with the pharmacist team to ensure all prescriptions are approved within the agreed KPI time.
- You will develop training materials and deliver training to the team to ensure there is a competent team for the prescription management function.
- You will develop training materials for understanding prescription governance and receipt of prescriptions for all business units.
- You will work with the product manager to specify PMS functionality for prescription management and reporting tools for audit and compliance.
- You will be the document owner for prescription templates and ensure that all new templates go through the correct governance procedures.
The skills & attributes you will bring
- You will have a structured, methodical and efficient approach to handling large workloads.
- You will be able to prioritise operational output whilst maintaining a focus on increasing governance.
- You will have an understanding of the RPS Homecare Standards KPI in relation to prescription receipt, accuracy and omissions.
- You will have good communication skills and experience of training and developing staff.
- You will have strong IT capability across a range of software including Microsoft Office suite and creation of MS Word and PDF templates.
- You will be flexible and adaptable to ensure all business requirements can be met
- Salary competitive subject to experience
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
37.5 hours per week - Hours to be worked between 8am and 8pm including weekends on a rotation basis
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.