Pharmacy Support Assistant
Pharmaxo Healthcare, award winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK.
You will be responsible for accurately maintaining all Pharmaxo stock areas and goods, packing and dispatching medication orders to ensure they reach patients safely and securely. You will also be responsible for carrying out any related tasks that will ensure the safe and effective supply of medicines to patients at all times during the prescription journey.
You are able to consistently carry out non-routine functions that are self-driven or delegated by a shift lead or manager.
Your duties & responsibilities
- You will follow the standard operating procedures
- You will participate in activities concerned with any support activity including:
- Picking and packing of orders
- Receipt of all goods in
- Dispatch of all goods out
- Reordering stock and packing materials where appropriate
- Restocking and backfilling the dispensary and storage areas
- Liaising as first point of contact with couriers, suppliers and delivery agents
- Releasing prescription orders to the dispenser
- As part of the Pharmacy Support Team, you will be responsible for the daily management of all dispensary stock and equipment, including lifting and working in temperature controlled environments.
- You are responsible for following safe and efficient systems of work in accordance with relevant legislation, e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act, GDP guidance and GPhC standards.
- Attend such study days and up-dating courses as are deemed necessary for the development of the unit and yourself.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Responsible Pharmacist, Shift Lead, or Pharmacy Management Team.
- Adhere to any training requirements that the role requires without delay.
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours where required.
- Able to consistently carry out non-routine functions that are self-driven e.g. creating/amending stock tickets, running stock reports, auditing.
- Takes on super-user responsibilities for all goods-in processes (i.e. returns/stock issues liaison).
- Trained in WDA activity and becomes liaison on behalf of Pharmacy Support Team.
- Regular contribution to quality tasks e.g. SOP, job aid or log writing/review.
- Supports Management Team in ensuring training and SOP compliance.
The skills & attributes you will bring
- You will uphold high standards of cleanliness, tidiness, and professionalism in line with GPhC and MHRA guidance.
- You will ensure good communication between the team using a variety of methods.
- You must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be willing to play your part in the pharmacy team.
- Demonstrates provision of training to colleagues.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary: £22,844 per annum
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays - increasing with service)
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.