Pharmacy Stores Assistant
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, award-winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK. Homecare pharmacy bridges the gap between community and hospital pharmacy, you will work as part of an established team to supply medicines to patients being treated within their own homes. Join us to expand your knowledge and experience in our interesting and supportive environment.
You will be responsible for accurately maintaining all Pharmaxo stock areas and goods, packing and dispatching medication orders to ensure they reach patients safely and securely. You will also be responsible for carrying out any related tasks that will ensure the safe and effective supply of medicines to patients at all times during the prescription journey.
Your Duties & responsibilities
- You will follow the standard operating procedures
- You will participate in activities concerned with any stores activity including:
- Picking and packing of orders
- Receipt of all goods in
- Dispatch of all goods out
- Reordering stock and packing materials where appropriate
- Restocking and backfilling the dispensary and storage areas
- Liaising as first point of contact with couriers, suppliers and delivery agents
- As part of the Pharmacy Stores Team, you will be responsible for the daily management of all dispensary stock and equipment, including lifting and working in temperature controlled environments.
- You are responsible for following safe and efficient systems of work in accordance with relevant legislation, e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act, GDP guidance and GPhC standards.
- Attend such study days and up-dating courses as are deemed necessary for the development of the unit and yourself.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Responsible Pharmacist, Dispensary Supervisor, or Pharmacy Manager.
- Adhere to any training requirements that the role requires without delay.
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours where required.
The skills & attributes you will bring
- You will uphold high standards of cleanliness, tidiness and professionalism in line with GPhC and MHRA guidance.
- You will ensure good communication between the team using a variety of methods
- You must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be willing to play your part in the pharmacy team.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.