Pharmacy Administrative Assistant
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, a specialist pharmacy provider and clinical homecare company, is expanding its team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides services to a range of patients across the UK, such as home medication delivery, nursing services, chemotherapy at home and patient support programs.
You will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy run smoothly by undertaking dispensary paperwork, stock management tasks, ensuring logs are kept current and accurate, generating stock tickets, answering phone calls, filing and preparing documents, relaying messages to patients and varying administrative tasks. The role requires liaison with all operational departments on a daily basis and the ability to adapt to a fluid working environment.
Your duties & responsibilities
- You will support the managerial and supervisory team in delivering a dynamic, fast-paced and efficient remote pharmacy service.
- You will ensure that paper/electronic logs and other paperwork are kept current and up to date at all times.
- You will perform bulk printing, scanning and forwarding of documents on behalf of the pharmacy team.
- You will be responsible for maintaining correct levels of standard order medicines in pharmacy, raising orders as required and liaising with internal and external teams in order to ensure continuous supply.
- You will be responsible for answering the pharmacy telephone and fielding a range of queries from customers, patients, wholesale customers and clinical trials stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for assisting the Responsible Pharmacist and supervisory team in managing administrative workload in the event of compounding failures and stock outages.
- You will be responsible for ensuring physical/virtual stock tickets are on display and up to date in drug storage locations.
- You will be responsible for assisting the pharmacy stores team in chasing and querying orders from suppliers, by email and telephone.
- You will form relationships with the finance, patient services and nursing teams to act as a liaison between departments with regards to documents and planning.
- You will be required to undertake Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training in order to engage with the administrative workload in our clinical trials operations.
- You will be required to undertake Good Distribution Practice (GDP) training in order to engage with the administrative workload in our wholesale operations.
- You will be required to use systems to pull reports e.g. stock, owed items to patients, upcoming workload, financial considerations etc.
- You will organise and circulate event planning for meetings, training and other business requirements, using Outlook and internal systems.
- You will be required to triage an email inbox to support operational teams.
- Any reasonable instruction delegated by the supervisory or management team, as seen fit.
The skills & attributes you will bring
- You will have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- You will be able to use computer systems and devices efficiently and effectively.
- You will have professional phone manner and ability to form relationships and influence with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be vigilant in incorporating quality values into your role
- You will have an appetite to identify and engage in job-related learning.
- You will have well-developed interpersonal skills.
- You will present your work professionally as an ambassador for the QPHL group.
- You will be able to work in a variety of environments including office desk-based, pharmacy standing desk and pharmacy work bench.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
Salary and Benefits
- Full Time: 37.5 hours a week
- Competitive basic salary
- Development opportunities
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing with service to 34 days (including bank holidays)
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Pharmaxo is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.