Pharmaceutical Production Operator
Your journey with us
We are dedicated to progressing our staff, which is why we will invest in you, this may mean that you may be asked to attend study days and courses as are deemed necessary for the development of the team and yourself.
Future development possibilities could include; Pharmaceutical Support manufacturer, Pharmaceutical Manufacturer and then onto Pharmaceutical Production Releaser and Leadership roles.
You do not need any prior experience to join us here at BathASU, in return we are looking for team members that are:
- Motivated and Reliable
- Minimum GCSE C / Grade 4 – A Level in Science would be advantageous
- Previous GMP experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Professional work ethic
- Keen to learn new skills
- Very accurate with a high attention to detail
- Be able to follow and adhere to strict regulatory guidelines
- Be a good communicator and be able to communicate well using a variety of methods
- A team player
About the role
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of our fantastic company community and is as committed to their career training and progression as we are. Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so you could join our friendly and dynamic team.
You will be responsible for (but not exclusive to):
- Participating in activities concerned with any aseptic pharmaceutical activity within our manufacturing unit, these include activities such as:
- - Labelling and packaging the finished medicines
- - Assisting with the assembly of ingredients
- - Decontamination of ingredients and components entering our clean rooms
- - Inspecting our finished products
- - Checking ingredients that have been assembled ready for decontamination
- Assisting with any activities in the clean rooms
- Undertaking daily cleaning and monitoring of the unit and equipment
- Completing relevant documentation
- Maintaining the manufacturing unit to a standard of appearance concordant with the professional nature of the work
- Assisting with the maintenance and control of stock and any components
- Following safe and efficient systems of work in accordance with relevant legislation, such as the Health and Safety at Work act
In accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice, you will need to maintain a good level of personal hygiene to prevent any contamination in our medicines.
Our team have a very important job to do as every medicine we make goes to a sick patient.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Every member of our team has an integral part to play in helping to produce these important, life-changing medicines for patients in hospitals or at home who are suffering with cancer, chronic illnesses or in need of pain relief.
Closing date: 30th July 2021
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.