Pharmaceutical Microbiology Business Development Manager
Microgenetics exists to help humankind win the war against pathogens. We identify problems in microbiology that were previously impossible to solve and develop new technology to solve them. We are an exciting company backed by the UK's fastest growing pharmaceutical company (Qualasept Pharmaxo) aiming to revolutionise microbiology.
We are currently working with partners in the pharmaceutical manufacturing, plant pathogen and veterinary diagnostics sector to develop our products:
- SmartControl - Environmental monitoring software that seamlessly captures images of every sample to ensure data integrity, as well as our new automated colony counting technology.
- SwiftDetect - A rapid sterility test that can detect the presence or absence of a single cell in a large volume in under six hours, using our patent-pending, hybrid PCR technology.
What we are looking for
You will be working with the marketing team to nurture new leads, and with the product management teams to help to provide an understanding of the products to potential customers. A key aspect of the role will be demonstrating the products to customers, and therefore you will be expected to develop an excellent understanding of the products features and how they work.
You should be an outgoing and motivated self-starter experienced in selling scientific products and ideally have pharmaceutical microbiological experience. This is an opportunity to set up your own sales processes and manage Sales for the Microgenetics team.
We have a brand-new set of products which solve very real customer problems. For example, SwiftDetect was developed as an alternative rapid sterility test following a scandal linked to contaminated product that lead to the death of babies in the UK. This product can literally save lives. SmartControl helps labs see data in real time improving productivity through providing smart AI tools and functionality that allows users to separate the handling and processing activities in their labs while maintaining the critical data integrity controls required in the highly regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
What you'll do
The Business Development Manager will work in close collaboration with the Marketing and Microgenetics management teams. Your role will report directly to the Managing Director of Microgenetics.
- Provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability across the UK.
- Launch and drive the sales of the Microgenetics product portfolio and promote the Microgenetics brand through developing the sales strategies
- Generate leads within the pharmaceutical sector and managing all sales activities
- Nurture current prospects and guide them through the sales pipeline
- Perform demonstrations of products to prospects and explain features and functions of the products
- Promote Microgenetics as a reliable and innovative, customer focused company to all stakeholders
- Continue to identify and develop competitive advantages for Microgenetics within these sector
- Ensure customers are supported and satisfied post-sale
Please note that the territory for this role is UK wide and travel will be required.
What we're looking for
- Educated to degree level in a relevant science field
- Knowledge of GMP and pharmaceutical microbiology
- Knowledge of or experience in regulatory affairs and/or quality control/assurance
- Proven track record of selling relatively new products
- Experience working in tandem with marketing teams
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communications skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to quickly build rapport and a track record of managing multiple stakeholders
- Initiative, innovative creativity and tenacity to achieve objectives and overcome obstacles
- Ability to prioritise requirements in line with the vision and seeking objective data to support decisions as far as possible
Even better if you have
- Experience working within a GMP environment
- Experience working with rapid microbiological methods
- Experience working within QC microbiology
What we will offer you
- Salary dependent on relevant experience
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Generous incentive plan
- Enhanced company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Microgenetics is based in a new science park development in Corsham in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy commutes from Bath, Bristol and Chippenham.
Come and join us in revolutionising microbiology.
Closing date: Sunday 6 th February 2022
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.