Post: Personal Assistant to CEO
Reports to: CEO
Working Hours: 15 hours a week
Salary: £25 242 - £26 757 per annum (pro rata)
Our vision is to empower refugees and migrants who reside in the UK to lead self-sufficient and ambitious lives.
ACH is a social enterprise comprised of a diverse group of strategists and researchers led by lived experience. We provide tailored integration services that not only help individuals, but also disrupt the systems that have entrenched inequalities in our society.
We have a track record of delivering effective support services that give refugees and migrants the tools they need to succeed. In 2021 alone, we have helped 1000+ people to achieve their personal goals and lead fulfilling lives in their new country.
By working with us at ACH, you will be supporting refugees and migrants to build a better, brighter future.
Purpose of job
To provide high level confidential support to the Chief Executive by providing a full secretarial and administrative service. Ensuring that effective planning and administrative systems are in place and maintained efficiently and effectively.
- Act as the first point of contact for correspondence and phone calls.
- Proactively manage and coordinate the Chief Executive's diary.
- Plan and organize travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Maintain effective filing and data storage systems.
- Provide full personal assistant support (including drafting correspondence and taking minutes)
- Support Board of Director meetings.
- Keep the Board of Directors informed about the organisation's work and provide appropriate training and induction.
- Service Senior Management Team meetings.
- Act as the Scottish Refugee Council's Complaints Officer.
- Plan and manage key organizational events.
- Develop skills and undertake responsibilities as appropriate which will fulfil the purpose of the role and support the success of the organization.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Scottish Refugee Council's values, equality aims, policies, and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to organizational/team meetings as required.
- Provide reports for senior management as required.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties as required to support the Chief Executive to enable them to fulfil their role.
- Carry out all duties with complete discretion and a high regard for confidentiality.
- Perform any other duties relevant to the needs of the organization and as directed.
- Top of Form
- This list is not exclusive or exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out other duties deemed necessary by your line manager.
This list is not exclusive or exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out other duties deemed necessary by your line manager.
For more information on the role and ACH please view the full job description here and our recruitment pack here.
How to apply
To apply please complete our application form by clicking ‘Apply’.
For an informal conversation or to find out more about ACH or the role, please don’t hesitate to contact our People and Culture Manager, Werner Lourens - email@example.com
Due to the nature of this post, an enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for successful applicants, but only with their prior consent.
Applicants need to have right to work in the UK and access to their own vehicle for business use to be considered for this role. We may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment