The Pharmaxo group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. Through our scientific research and technology capabilities, the team continues to develop innovative methods to improve our products and services. We are located in a new, multimillion pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath. The Pharmaxo Group comprises of:
Bath ASU produces around 2,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
Pharmaxo Healthcare is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
Pharmaxo Scientific holds and develops intellectual property, which is currently licensed to the group’s other operating subsidiaries.
The People Advisor will be expected to provide an effective and professional HR service to management and staff across Pharmaxo. The post holder will lead on providing advice to managers on a range of HR areas including employee terms and conditions, employee relations, organisational change, and employment issues to provide an efficient and effective HR service.
The People Advisor will provide business focussed HR solutions to support the development and provision of high quality, productive and innovative services for Pharmaxo. The post holder will support the People Partner’s to ensure a high-quality HR service is provided that is efficient, customer focused and consistent. The People Advisor will support on and lead where appropriate on a portfolio of organisational projects in support of the People Partners.
Main responsibilities and duties
- To advise and support managers in the conduct of investigations including complex disciplinary, grievance, attendance and performance management procedures.
- To attend formal meetings / hearings and advise and support the formal meeting / hearing manager during complex disciplinary, grievance, attendance and performance management hearings up to and including decisions to dismiss.
- To provide advice and support managers in appropriately allocated change management projects across the organisation.
- To design and produce supporting documentation templates for all HR related work for managers to use.
- To advise and support managers in absence management and actively support line managers in the reduction of sickness absence and costs linked to it.
- Maintain and update People HR to reflect HR activity e.g. case work database with sufficient and appropriate information.
- To review and analyse provided workforce data, providing a monthly report for a given business unit, regarding key workforce KPI’s such as sickness, appraisal and turnover.
- To give risk based advice on redeployment, ill health, retirement or termination in line with employment legislation and the organisation’s policies.
- Provide managers with relevant, timely and accurate Management Information and Workforce Planning information.
- To proactively work with management teams in business areas to identify emerging trends, themes, issues and matters that could present operational, delivery or employee difficulties.
- To demonstrate excellent customer service in support of our managers and external stakeholders, with a problem solving attitude and high standards of accurate, timely support and advice.
- Keep abreast with employment law and significant ET cases, understanding the potential impact and application to the organisation.
- Devise and deliver training to managers on absence management, performance management and HR policies and procedures as required. Developing supporting material for the ‘People Hub’ intranet page to support managers and staff in understanding our policies.
- Provide effective support and advice to managers relating to HR queries.
- Continuously seek improvements to HR processes, procedures and administration.
- Develop extensive knowledge around a particular area of the Employee Relations - assuming the role of “champion” for that area. Providing in turn, advice, training and guidance to other members of the team and ensure they are fully updated on any changes that occur.
- To be involved in recruitment activities such as interviewing and attending recruitment open days.
- To represent HR at Management meetings and other related forums
- To update and maintain HR Policies and Procedures as required.
- To contribute and lead on specific programmes of work as requested by the senior management team.
- Support the People Partners in providing advice to managers on a range of complex issues such as TUPE, consultations and organisational change.
- Support the People Partners with projects relating to transformational change and improvement across the business.
- Liaison with our external Occupational Health provider and internal Health and Safety Manager to support the completion of risk assessments etc.
- Provide professional mentorship to the People Officer and line management oversight of the People Administrators.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances, in discussion with the post holder. This role profile is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The post holder will need to be flexible in developing the role with initial and on-going discussions with the designated manager.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary: £35,000 per annum
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays - increasing with service)
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.