Patient Call Handler
Pharmaxo Healthcare is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
The compounded drugs used in its drug services are provided by its sister company, Bath ASU, which also produces over 2,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic illness or in need of pain relief.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of our fantastic company community and is as committed to their career training and progression as we are. Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so, you could join our friendly and dynamic team.
We are looking to recruit Patient Call Handlers to support our homecare team, being an essential point of contact with patients or their representatives.
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week Monday-Saturday.
Shift pattern: Earlies: 08:00-16:30, Lates: 11:30-20:00 and Saturdays 08:00-16:30 (every other Saturday)
Duties & responsibilities
Participating in the management of patients receiving homecare including:
- Contacting patients by telephone or email to arrange deliveries
- Scheduling deliveries to patients via 3rd party subcontracted logistics
- Maintaining accurate electronic records of calls to and received from patients within the Pharmaxo Patient Management System
- Maintaining documentation including patient registration forms and prescriptions
- Performing accuracy checks upon receipt of prescriptions and other referral documentation
- Overseeing the active management of prescription requirement from referring centres
- Handling patient and customer queries
- Scheduling nurse attendances when required to administer medicines in the home
- Directing inbound telephone calls from healthcare professionals to the relevant operational department within Pharmaxo
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
Pharmaxo believe in developing their staff, which is why it is important to ensure anyone joining the team have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Maintain and comply with all aspect of Data Protection
- Excellent work ethics
- Good time management
- Computer literate
- Able to follow procedure
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge in the homecare setting and to contribute for a positive patient experience. Due to the nature of the company and this position all successful candidates will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
In return we can offer:
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 34 days with service
- Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, fruit and outdoor gym
- Free parking
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.