Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd is a specialist pharmacy and clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater choice and convenience to patients whilst delivering value and efficiencies to the NHS and private sector.
About the role
Reporting to the Regional Nurse Manager / Head of Nursing, this role will assume responsibility for providing a first-class service to patients receiving nursing and complex homecare services in line with the Company Mission
All patients, whether suffering from acute or chronic disease, should have equitable and timely access to complex injectable medicines in a setting of their choice .
Working closely with the other members of the multi-disciplinary team, in particular the Pharmaxo Nurse Team and other third-party Nurse Team providers, the job holder will ensure that the services provided by them comply with all regulations included but not limited to the requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Council,, General Pharmaceutical Council and the Care Quality Commission Inspectorate and ensuring compliance with Pharmaxo policies and procedures.
Working with the wider QPHL group of companies, predominantly Health and Safety and Human Resources, to provide advice, assessment and support for employees requiring referral to Occupational Health or other external organisations.
Through regular and active communication and from the basis of an exceptional service the holder of this role will forge first class relationships with Pharmaxo's internal and external customers whilst championing QPHL core values.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting and working alongside the Nursing Services Coordinator to deliver the nurse-led services.
- Registration of new patients onto Pharmaxo Patient Management System.
- Co-ordinating new patient referrals for nursing to ensure the appropriate Nurse Team are provided with the relevant information required, including a provisional risk assessment, to schedule a patient visit within the timeframes stipulated for each service.
- Contacting patients to determine their fitness to proceed with a visit by a Nurse to administer their medication.
- Performing virtual nurse consultations including injection training and adherence support
- Participating in the on-call rota
- Liaising directly with patients to schedule deliveries and, where required, booking nurse visits and arranging collection of clinical waste and unrequired medicines.
- Liaising with Patient Services Team where there are queries or omissions.
- Liaising with 3 rd party Nurse Teams to resolve any queries or requests for information in relation to the services provided.
- Liaising with Nurse Team to ensure that patient visits are completed and reported within the timeframes stipulated for each service.
- Contacting patients to determine their fitness to proceed with training by a Nurse for the self-administration of their medication and completing virtual training sessions with patients.
- Arranging face to face visits from a Nurse for those patients who require extra training support.
- Receiving in bound calls from patients and, where required, transfer to the appropriate operational team.
- Liaising with hospital clinical and homecare teams to ensure the necessary administrative and clinical procedures have been completed prior to a patient being visited by a Nurse.
- Record Keeping relating to patient treatment
- Contribution to the development and maintenance of the standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure they are fit for purpose and accurate, useful documents.
- Proactive prescription management with referring clinical centres where required.
- Correct transfer of prescriptions and other documents to Patient Services and Pharmacy.
- To complete additional projects, outside of the Nursing Services area, provided by the Regional Nurse Manager, Clinical Excellence Lead or Head of Nursing. These projects and tasks can be short term or long term and will be guided by the value Can it be better?
- To be able to manage time appropriately ensuring completion of daily tasks and duties to enable the ongoing safe supply of medicines to patients.
- Regular checking of emails in the Nursing Services Coordinator inbox and providing prompt responses.
- Working closely with internal Quality team members regarding investigation and resolution of complaints and incidents.
- Triage and manage adverse events, product quality complaints and nursing service complaints in line with the relevant policies.
- Participation in investigations by Finance to resolve invoicing queries related to nursing services.
- Participation in conducting Patient and Customer feedback surveys.
- Willingness to attend and participate in internal and external meetings.
- Working collaboratively as part of the wider Operational Team where required.
- Support Nurse Team by undertaking field visits as requested by the Clinical Excellence Lead.
- Working alongside Health and Safety and Human Resource, to provide advice, assessment and support for employees requiring referral to Occupational Health or other external organisations.
- Participate in vaccination clinics, for QPHL staff and members of the public, as a vaccinator and/or undertaking clinical observations.
- Participate in ongoing screening for COVID-19 infection for QPHL staff and external visitors to the Corsham Science Park
- Occasionally, undertake field-based patient visits, in line with clinical competencies, to support the Nurse Team
- To maintain all relevant clinical skills and attend regular updates
- To ensure continued professional registration, including meeting revalidation requirements
- To maintain self and patient safety through the appropriate use of policies, protocols and guidelines
- Ability to work alone and within a team with confidence
- To undertake appropriate training and participation in clinical trials work, where required
- To embrace the Company Values and incorporate in your daily actions and decisions,
- Where Patients Come First
- Can it be Better?
- Our Commitment to You
- Is there more to learn?
- To adhere to Company Policies and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- To attend study days and updating courses as are deemed necessary for the development of the services.
- To be able to adapt and work appropriately in situations not outlined by the job description.
- To undertake any duties as required by your line manager and Head of Nursing to meet the needs of the business.
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours or Bank Holiday rotas where requested.
Due to the nature of the company and this position all successful applicants will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
Commit to excellence. Join our team Where patients come first .
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.