Occupational Health and Wellbeing Advisor – Full and Part Time
The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. The Group currently employs over 400 people and generates £260M sales. Operating out of attractive, new offices and manufacturing facility in the Corsham Science Park, the Group is now poised to embark on the next step in its ambitious journey.
- Must be on Part 1 of the NMC register with a professional and approachable manner.
- Excellent communicator at all levels, a team player and used to being autonomous and aware of their own levels of skills and proactive in accordance with the MNC Code of Conduct. Ensure they communicate with the Group Head of People with regards to their concerns at any juncture or appropriate support organization which is recognized and authorized to do so. Must be an all-round good communicator with excellent listening skills. Must have an open approach.
- Must be able to understand the needs of the business and can relate these to the employee’s condition
- Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately at all levels of the business.
- Must have a good understanding of Microsoft Office Applications including access, and Teams or zoom to do video calls as required.
- Must be proactive in promoting OH and wellbeing across all sites
- Must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Part 1 and accredited with postgraduate diploma in Specialist Community Public Health
- Must have own transport and a clean driving license.
- Develop Health Screening processes through the medical questionnaire process at pre-employment stage and throughout employment duration to ensure a continued effective, compliant O.H service is provided for the entire group. Liaising with the Group Head of People.
- Adhering to Best practice and the latest legislation and guidelines. Assist in developing health screening procedures to ensure an effective and efficient occupational health service for all Group companies.
- Maintain factual clear concise legible medical records of employees whilst adhering to the GDPR guidelines. Ensuring safe, secure, and effective storage of the O.H employees records.
- Maintain up-to-date database for all employee records. When a consultation is held with an employee ensure the correct details are maintained with correct dates and reason for referral, ensure leavers are removed from the database with correct removal of confidential records.
- Setting up a review system to ensure that all cases are closed off when concluded.
- Liaise with Head of people and H.R (Human Resources) accordingly on a need-to-know basis and to further progress and develop the service O.H provide.
- Competent in undertaking and understanding the results of health surveillance and pre-employment medicals questionnaires and assessments. Provide clear advice and recommendations, undertaking a range of medicals, including management referrals, hearing, and vision screening. Adhere to the latest Society of Occupational health and Faculty of Occupational Health Medicine guidelines also the H.S.E AND Government/Public health England guidance and legislations.
- Provide support with pragmatic and evidence based balanced advice and guidance to the management team and employees in relation to sickness absence, workplace environment, risk assessment, stress management and return to work following absence. Providing resources to facilitate and support a return to health and wellbeing. Time frames advised to enable the employee and the business adjust accordingly.
- Provide pragmatic and balanced advice to the management team and Head of People regarding employees who are considered incapable of undertaking their normal duties and responsibilities, whilst working within the legal guidelines.
- Request G.P/Consultant treatment/ care reports when indicated ensuring written consent provided by the individual to assist in clarifying diagnosis, ongoing treatments, prognosis with regards to clarity on an individual’s health and wellbeing when assessing and advising on a potential outcome for complex cases and otherwise. Consult with employee GPs to assist in resolving occupational health problems.
- Using their expertise to ensure that the organisation meets its legislative requirements. Discuss and communicate effectively whilst ensuring that the audit trail is present.
- Play a key role in promoting occupational health and wellbeing programs by providing in-house presentations, educational support, and guidance to the individual and advice to management teams on key work-related subjects i.e., stress, upper limb disorders, mental health, Covid 19 etc.
- Ensuring that Specialist Community Public Health certification is up to date and registered as a minimum with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC.) Part 1. Registered with the NMC and evidence of revalidation. Evidence of qualification as a nurse and any further certificates for additional OH specific development.
- Writing clear concise case reports and communicating via email to the management teams using Microsoft Office applications, including MS Access.
- Scheduling of consultations and reviews appointment scheduling and arranging reviews, including writing to employees who are not currently at work whilst informing the referring manager of the appointment date and time.
- Administration and management of the OH filing system.
- Regular familiarization with company production processes to ensure competent and relevant advice is provided on a case by case
- Regular review of the Bradford Factor Model and use this information to assess absence trends and individual score impact.
In return we can offer
- Salary of up to £45,000 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- This role can be full time (37.5 hours per week) or part time with a minimum of 3 days on site working
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 34 days with service
- Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, fruit and outdoor gym
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.