MECHANICAL FITTER – COMPRESSOR PACKAGE BUILD & PIPEWORK SYSTEMS
Irthlingborough, Northants, NN9
Full Time - Permanent
To prepare, assemble and pressure test complete skid mounted pump packages, stainless steel pipework systems & assemblies for our gas and air mixing systems, as well as other company products.
- To build complete system packages to Company drawings, including gas compressors, gas boosters, gas & air mixing pipework, fabricated frames and bases.
- To kit up and prepare all components for assembly.
- Rectify, modify or repair any fault occurring during assembly and test, as required.
- Carry out various test procedures as required by the customer or company specifications using various test methods and rigs, as required by company specifications.
- To work on customer’s site (not essential and only if required).
- Undertake basic machining operations as required by the job or workload.
- Undertake all mechanical and manual lifting in a safe manner including slinging, weight estimation and manual handling.
- Work from and interpret engineering drawings and use inspection/measuring equipment to company standards.
- Allocate and store components to various areas within the factory (i.e. storage).
- Carry out routine maintenance as required or on a daily basis.
- Ensure machines and work area are cleaned and tidied on a routine basis.
- Complete any documentation relevant to the department on a routine basis, as required.
- Comply with all Health and Safety Regulations within the company.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as dictated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. Any other reasonable tasks by mutual agreement.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.