Marketing & Business Development Manager
(Full or Part Time considered)
Our client is looking for a Marketing & Business Development Manager with at
least five years’ experience to write and implement marketing, public relations, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and business development plans for their group of companies.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be part of the senior management team and will be able to work independently to create and implement new marketing initiatives with a strategic targeted approach.
Key responsibilities will include:
- All digital marketing including the creation of social media posts and managing the google AdWord campaigns and updating all website content (using HTML)
- Writing and design biannual customer newsletters, case studies, literature, adverts etc
- Creating content and brief Directors for radio interviews and presentations
- Writing press releases and case studies
- Identifying opportunities for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Writing for all quality submissions within PQQs, SQQs and ITTs
- Updating all marketing and PR policies including data protection policies
- Identification and implementation of opportunities for business growth inc. tender portals
- Managing marketing budgets
- Identifying opportunities for joint marketing and promotion with community groups, businesses and organisations
- Attend and present at monthly Senior Management meetings and provide monthly reports
- Managing the company’s carbon reduction plan and carbon reduction team meetings
- Evaluating all marketing, PR and events activities and identify opportunities to improve effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years marketing experience which may include the following:
- Good copywriting skills
- Writing HTML coding
- Updating and editing websites built on Wordpress
- Writing press releases, articles and advertorials and sending to relevant press and journalists
- Managing Adword Campaigns
- Designing adverts and corporate literature
- Preparing tender submissions including PQQS, SQQs and ITTs
- Seeking opportunities on tender portals
In addition to the Marketing & Business Development Manager, other benefits include employee life insurance, an annual salary review, 22 days annual leave together with the statutory bank holidays, plus auto enrolment into a company pension scheme and the opportunity to opt into contributory private healthcare.
Our client is committed to the professional and personal development of all their staff by providing regular opportunities to undertake further training and personal development. All staff are invited to biannual staff social events at summer and Christmas. The company is a member of the Building Mental Health Charter and provide all staff with access to a mental health first aider.
About the company:
Established over 140 years ago, they are a construction company renowned for their high quality craftsmanship and commitment to their employees and the communities in which they work. Based at their head office in Danbury, Essex, they operate as a principal contractor on projects throughout East Anglia, London and parts of Kent and Hertfordshire.
They benefit from having a directly employed team of experienced carpenters, bricklayers, joiners, stonemasons and other tradesmen. The longest serving having worked up through an apprenticeship scheme with the company, has been with them over 35 years.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
Our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.