Lead Senior Support Worker
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
If you are passionate about supporting people with disabilities and are looking for the next step in your career within social care then United Response wants to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Senior Support Worker to work at 1 of our services in the Welwyn area. Here at United Response we pride ourselves on providing person-centred support to young people and adults with mental health needs, physical disabilities and learning disabilities, our Lead Senior Support Workers are a key part of making sure that happens. The services you will be working within are designed to ensure that the people we support live as independently as possible and have the opportunity to do what they love.
As a Lead Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Standard Support Worker duties such as domestic duties or accompanying on leisure activities
- managers with rotas and 1-2-1’s
- Mentoring members of the team
- Ensuring that the team reflects the core values and standards of United Response
- Responding to request for support from Support Workers
To be a successful Lead Senior Support Worker you should have extensive experience of working with the social care sector and be willing to buy in to United Response’s values and mission to provide tailored and person-centred support. Ideally candidates will have some previous experience of working in a more senior role, but all applicants should be confident in their ability to provide high quality service and mentor others. As a Lead Senior Support Worker you will also be expected to have a good level of IT literacy to enable you to perform the administrative aspects of the role.
In return for your dedication as a Lead Senior Support Worker you will receive:
- £10.28 per hour
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
- This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check, the cost to be met by United Response. As part of the fight back against Covid 19, all our front line staff are tested regularly and are encouraged to take the vaccine as soon as they are able’’
If you agree with you values and to support us with our mission to ensure that individuals with learning disabilities, mental or physical support needs have the opportunity to live their lives to the full. Apply Now!
This role will include some evening and weekend work so flexibility is desirable and successful applicants will be subject to a full DBS check.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.