Laboratory Technician Apprentice
The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited (QPHL) Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
The QPHL Group now includes over 400 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than £260 million.
We have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a two year apprenticeship and gain a BTEC in Applied Science. You do not need experience to become an apprentice, but you should have obtained 'A’ Levels in Science (or BTEC equivalent) and have obtained GCSE’s in English, Maths and Science (Grades A-C/9-5). We are looking for apprentices that have the capability and passion for continuing their development through to higher qualifications.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have an outstanding attention to detail, and be willing to follow precise instructions
- can demonstrate proactivity and a strong work ethic
- have a flexible can-do attitude
- have good listening skills
- are methodical and organised
- are able to work with a range of diverse colleagues
- are self-motivated and energetic approach, showing interest in understanding the business and industry
- are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- are reliable and have a flexible work ethic
- have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- are able to work on your feet all day, dependent on business requirements
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake routine environmental monitoring including temperature, pressure, particulate and microbiological contamination. To report (on relevant form) any results which are outside the stated limits and participate in the immediate corrective actions, causes and preventative measures
- Complete a variety of tests on microorganisms in order to confirm their identity.
- Raising and investigating out of specification reports
- Ensure stocks of materials and consumables are maintained at stated levels. Generate orders, receive and check off deliveries
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment are kept clean and tidy. Recognise and report potential problems. To maintain personal hygiene in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Perform validation of equipment and be involved in the generation of validation documentation
- Maintenance of filing of all relevant records, reports and other documentation associated with QC, record any anomalies and report appropriately
- Conforms to all training requirements, including company required and manufacturing specific training
- Follow SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), policies and procedures as required by the company and regulatory agencies at all times, without exception
- Adheres to company and industry health and safety requirements, at all times
- To ensure good communication between the team using a variety of methods.
- Continue to develop your knowledge and skills.
- Other duties as required by the Senior Managers
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be required to be flexible and take on projects and responsibilities as the company grows.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.