Key Account Manager - North of England & Scotland
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, market leading and family-owned business that serves customers, patients and medical professionals. A specialist company with a commercial approach within the pharmaceutical Aseptic compounding, Clinical Homecare and laboratory services sectors. Our approach engenders autonomy and accountability - we have a track record of investing in our people. We have recently invested in a new, multi-million-pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park. Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited now employ over 450 people and has combined sales of more than £190 million from its three subsidiaries, comprising:
- Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
- Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services is a growing Clinical Homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
- Microgenetics is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services.
Our knowledge base ranges from scientific discovery in R&D to process development in manufacturing. Our teams carry academic achievement across the spectrum from our internal accredited qualification to multiple PhDs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Key Account Manager to cover the North of England & Scotland, who will support Bath ASU and Pharmaxo through their next phase of development and diversification. The successful candidate should have at least 1 years’ experience in Account Management, preferably with experience in compounding, generic pharmaceutical sectors or Homecare markets.
Overall Job Purpose
- To achieve overall regional sales and profit targets as defined by the National Sales Manager and contribute to the development of commercial strategy, pricing, profitability and execute the agreed strategy in line with commercial goals within defined territory
- To promote Bath ASU and Pharmaxo as innovative, customer focused companies to all stakeholders within UK Pharmacy and Hospitals, to develop a competitive advantage for both Bath ASU and Pharmaxo services.
- To develop long term relationships with key customers across the NHS and Pharmaceutical industry at local and regional level
- Accountable for achieving sales and gross margin targets as set by the National Sales Manager on your territory
- To deliver the Bath ASU and Pharmaxo key strategic objectives
- Forecast financial growth/number of patients within the agreed territory, product and services.
- Demonstrate awareness of profitability of business opportunities and develop business plan in line with Bath ASU and Pharmaxo commercial strategy
- To be the major driver of product differentiation on territory, communicating present and future needs of customers and accounts. (understands the importance of price but can extract value from negotiation)
- To collate information on major buying trends, purchasing structures, processes, and competitor activity at local and regional level and use this to inform on future strategy
- Develop and maintain key account management business plans using SMART analysis and SWOT
- Document customer interactions daily and regularly update key account plans and opportunity forecasting in the Salesforce CRM
- Participate in price setting and tendering for regional contracts with the National Sales Manager QPHL and Sales Support and Contracts Manager
- Identify creative solutions to customer problems that grow the regional business
- To manage key territory procurement relationships
- All personnel within the Bath ASU Customer service/Production/QA/Administration teams, Pharmaxo pharmacy and operational teams
- Work with the key operational functions including Customer/Patient Services, Production, Pharmacy, Nursing, QA, IT, Procurement and Finance to achieve successful implementation of new business opportunities
- All customers in hospital accounts and corresponding Regional Leads
- CMU, Scottish Healthcare Supplies, All Wales Procurement, Procurement and Logistics Service, National Homecare Medicines Committee as relevant to territory
- Tender/Contract adjudicators
- Procurement Hubs & Procurement Collaboratives
- Key commercial stake holders / decision makers in target independent key accounts e.g. BUPA, Nuffield, Pharma organisations
The successful candidate key responsibilities are:
- Achieve overall regional sales and profit targets as defined by the National Sales Manager and contribute to the development of commercial strategy, pricing, profitability and execute the agreed strategy in line with commercial goals within defined territory
- Promote Bath ASU and Pharmaxo as innovative, customer focused companies to all stakeholders and develop a competitive advantage for them
- Develop long term relationships with key customers across the NHS and Pharmaceutical industry at local and regional level
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business which is well placed to capitalise on its successful track record to date.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Company Car, Phone and Laptop
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.