Key Account Associate - North of England & Scotland
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, market leading and family owned business that serves customers, patients and medical professionals. A specialist company with a commercial approach within the pharmaceutical Aseptic compounding, Clinical Homecare and laboratory services sectors. Our approach engenders autonomy and accountability - we have a track record of investing in our people. We have recently invested in a new, multi-million-pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park. Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited now employ over 450 people and has combined sales of more than £190 million from its three subsidiaries, comprising:
- Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
- Pharmaxo Healthcare is a growing Clinical Homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
- Microgenetics is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services.
- Our knowledge base ranges from scientific discovery in R&D to process development in manufacturing. Our teams carry academic achievement across the spectrum from our internal accredited qualification to multiple PhDs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Key Account Associate to cover the North of England & Scotland, who will support Bath ASU and Pharmaxo Healthcare through their next phase of development and diversification.
Overall Job Purpose:
- To achieve overall regional sales and profit targets as defined by the National Sales Manager and contribute to the development of commercial strategy, pricing, profitability and execute the agreed strategy in line with commercial goals within defined territory working alongside the Key Account Managers (KAM’s) as per the account segmentation and targeting.
- To promote Bath ASU and Pharmaxo as innovative, customer focused companies to all stakeholders within UK Pharmacy and Hospitals, to develop a competitive advantage for both Bath ASU and Pharmaxo services.
- To develop long term relationships with key customers across the NHS and Pharmaceutical industry at local and regional level.
- To be responsible for the coordination, implementation and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company policies and procedures.
- To work closely with the Key Account Managers, Marketing and the Operational teams to oversee all elements of service implementation. Throughout the implementation phase they will provide the team with direction, support, and goals to ensure that we stay on track to reach the agreed goals and outcomes.
- Support the KAM’s with Commercial Operations and providing vacancy/holiday cover for KAM customers.
Commercial awareness and understanding:
Demonstrate commercial business understanding with respect to:
- the market in which Bath ASU and Pharmaxo operates.
- understanding the impact and implications of decisions and activities on the organisation and wider Business Units.
- can identify opportunities to expand the aseptic compounding and homecare business by leveraging Bath ASU high tech products into homecare and delivering the Bath ASU and Pharmaxo key strategic objectives.
- Has the ability to interpret, analyse and present data, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Negotiation, Communication and Relationship building:
- Can establish immediate rapport, inspires confidence in the customer and creates a positive
impression through clear, open communication of key messages. Plans to present mutually beneficial scenarios that support long term relationships.
- Must be self -confident and mature, show respect for customer opinion but capable of achieving the desired business outcomes for the compounding business by using influencing skills.
- Demonstrable flexibility and adaptability can draw upon experiences to adjust approach and change priorities to meet customer needs. Has experience of selling services and is used to breaking down barriers.
- Can show interpersonal sensitivity, with an ability to recognise emotions and empathy towards others.
- Embraces the core values of Pharmaxo – “where patients come first”.
- An understanding of aseptic compounding, products and their uses in treatment, aware of current issues and professional standards.
- Can evaluate technical and product opportunities quickly and position the Bath ASU and Pharmaxo homecare services appropriately.
- Understanding of patient pathway when moving from hospital to homecare and articulate key values for stakeholders.
- Understanding of the regulatory frameworks for the Business Units including, CQC, MHRA and GPhC.
- Strategic and marketing awareness.
- Demonstrates understanding of broader company, understands the marketing overlay and
regulations, balances the need for short term profitability v long term sustainability.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Company Car, Phone and Laptop
Commit to excellence. Join our team “Where patients come first”.
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page where you can see further details within the job description and also complete your application.