Junior Software Developer
Corsham Science is part of the QPHL family of companies. Together we use cutting-edge science and technology to deliver healthcare services, medicines, and microbiological testing products. Together the QPHL group is UK’s fastest growing privately owned pharmaceutical company, and we are investing in growing our science and technology teams.
Our innovation in science, technology and software has been a powerful driver of growth for us. In particular, our in-house software development teams have contributed to making our products and services safer, more efficient, and more cost-effective.
About the role
At Corsham Science we work alongside our sister companies to develop and maintain bespoke software solutions, which on a daily basis are used to deliver medication and medical services to patients and to help humankind win the war against pathogens.
Due to the continued success and growth of the group we are expanding our development team to ensure we can meet the growing demand for development work.
We are looking for passionate and talented software developers to join our growing team, at an exciting time. You should be self-motivated and engaged, and willing to actively collaborate with the development team.
You will need some existing programming skills and problem-solving abilities, but we especially value the ability to learn quickly and on the job as our team invests heavily in mentoring new hires. The ability to learn quickly is important as you’ll have to pick up new technologies, and you will be expected to gain an understanding of the business domains you work across. Good communication skills are essential so you can interact with key stakeholders across multiple levels and understand business requirements.
Whether you already have industry experience or are a recent graduate we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Work with team members to design, code, test and document programs using appropriate standards and tools under the direction of senior team members.
- Understand information security and the types of security controls that can be used to mitigate security threats within solutions and services.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of software faults.
- Undertake infrastructure maintenance activities under the direction of senior team members.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to document user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Understand and participate in our Scrum development process. Suggesting process improvements and identifying new development tools which may be of use to the team.
- Understand the activities of our businesses and the bespoke software in use across them.
- Gain a deep understanding of specific areas of the business.
- Gain an awareness of the GxP and data integrity regulations with which our software must comply.
As part of your role you will receive exposure and training in the following:
- Working in an agile environment (Scrum)
- Delivering software into a regulated environment
- Building HTTP APIs with C# and .Net Core
- HTML / CSS
- Automated unit & integration testing
- CQRS, Event sourcing and message-based architectures
- SQL, ORM frameworks and Database Design
- Git and GitHub
- Access to training resources including a Pluralsight subscription, with time at work reserved for technical learning
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge and skills)
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with service
- Generous pension scheme, where if you contribute 6% the company will contribute 8%
- Life assurance
- Company bonus scheme
By clicking ‘apply’ you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.