Role Profile – Junior Renewable Energy Asset Manager
Location – Flexible: time to be split between home working and Leeds office
Salary Range £22,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
BRIDGE are one of the longest established independent renewable energy project operators and have specialised in the management of wind farms for over 30 years.
We provide a full range of services working for and alongside some of the largest owners and operators in the UK onshore and offshore sectors and have been involved in the development, financing, construction and operational management of over two gigawatts of installed capacity.
We have extensive experience of managing the operational, corporate, commercial and financial aspects of renewable energy assets for clients ranging from private owners to institutional investors.
A significant proportion of our asset management work is for financial investors meaning that we operate to exceptionally high standards of reporting and have extensive experience of managing relationships with project finance lenders and other providers of capital.
BRIDGE provide services to projects with over £500m of finance behind them and over £1bn of overall capital value. Typical services include the monitoring of operational performance and management of any issues that arise, logging and analysing operational data, management of suppliers and contractors, Health & Safety compliance, lifecycle management, financial management, contract administration and settlement services, PPA administration, insurance procurement.
The company is independent and owned by its management.
As our portfolio of Renewable Energy assets under management continues to increase we are looking to expand our team by recruiting a Junior Asset Manager to join our Technical Asset Management team and support the day-to-day management of assets within our portfolio. Future opportunities to grow and develop within the team are available. The role is expected to be based in our Leeds office 2 days per week with 3 days working from home. Visits to project sites to perform site and internal turbine inspections are also part of the role.
Primary responsibilities of the position are support the day to day management of the portfolio of onshore wind and hydro-power sites that we manage on behalf of our clients, however the role will also involve input into longer term strategic management of the assets.
The successful candidate will report to the Asset Management Team Lead and will operate on a day to day basis within the Asset Management team. There will be opportunities to be involved in business development activities, system design & development and strategic corporate discussions.
The key responsibilities will include supporting the Asset Management team on the below:
- Ensuring that all assets under management adhere to statutory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance and comply with project specific requirements in accordance with document management protocols, planning requirements, grid company connection conditions and power purchase agreements.
- Co-ordinating day-to-day management of operational Renewable Energy assets by scheduling and controlling site works, reacting to emergencies, co-ordinating unscheduled maintenance and responding to network outages, site issues and faults and failures. This may be via direct supervision of sub-contractors or overseeing the work of management contractors.
- Maintaining project specific management tools including; Operating Plans, CMMS, Asset Registers, Task Management tools and other quality management tools as necessary.
- Performing periodic site inspections (driving license and travel within the UK is required) and internal turbine inspections (GWO WaH certification is an advantage but appropriate training will be arranged as required).
- Carrying out regular reporting using BRIDGE in-house data management systems and, where required, in-depth analysis in order to maximise asset performance.
- Reporting issues or concerns to the Asset Management Director and liaising with technical consultants to agree appropriate solutions.
- Preparing management and inspection reports promptly and accurately.
- Developing and implementing project specific plans and managing follow-up actions.
- Developing strong relationships with contractors to maximize their performance and developing strong community relations in the projects locality, including managing landowner and community interests.
- Challenging proposals from contractors and service providers and seeking the best resolution to issues for our clients.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of BRIDGE in-house data management systems and operational processes and procedures.
The person we’re looking for should have the following key attributes:
- Tenacious self-starter
- Professional and organised
- Process driven
- Able to work independently
- Good communicator with proven ability to build sound business relationships
- IT literate (familiar with Microsoft Office & SharePoint; willing to learn and make full use of internal systems)
- Strong understanding of the importance of data management processes
- Experience of, or strong interest in, the renewable energy industry – particularly related to onshore or offshore wind
- Experience of one or more of the following areas would be an advantage
- High Voltage Electrical systems
- Technical wind turbine experience / knowledge – either general or related to specific components (e.g. gearboxes, converters, generators etc.)
- In depth data analysis skills
- Health & Safety process management
The Terms and Package
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the role working outside of these hours may be necessary. Flexibility is offered in this respect.
The salary range is expected to be £22,000 – 28,000 per annum (plus discretionary annual bonus) depending on experience of the successful candidate and the value we think they can bring to our organisation.