Interim Project Accountant
Award-winning pharmaceutical group based in Corsham, Wiltshire
The Qualasept Holdings group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. Through our scientific research and technology capabilities, the team continues to develop innovative methods to improve our products and services. We are located in a new, multimillion pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath. The group now employs over 370 people and has combined sales of more than 250 million from its four operating subsidiaries, comprising:
- Qualasept t/a Bath ASU produces around 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
- Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
- Microgenetics is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services.
- Corsham Science holds and develops intellectual property, which is currently licensed to the group's other operating subsidiaries.
You will be responsible for the timely preparation of the management accounts for Microgenetics and the statutory accounts for the annual audit of Qualasept Holdings Limited and all its subsidiaries, drawing on support from the Finance leads of Bath ASU and Pharmaxo.
We are looking for an individual with good knowledge and experience of Management and/or Financial Accounting, who can support the continued growth of the business through robust financial control, enhancement of existing systems and insightful, commercial analysis.
Your Duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare the statutory accounts for the annual audit of Qualasept Holdings Limited and all its subsidiaries, drawing on support from the Finance leads of Bath ASU and Pharmaxo.
- Liaise with the Group's auditors on statutory audit matters;
- Provide project accounting support for major new capital projects for the Group and connected companies;
- Collate the financial information for the quarterly Board meetings;
- Prepare the monthly management accounts for our innovative new pharmacy services business, Microgenetics, and our intellectual property/R&D company, Corsham Science.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for Microgenetics, Corsham Science and the two holding companies;
- Prepare the annual budget and re-forecast for Microgenetics, Corsham Science and the two holding companies;
- Provide daily and weekly cash and working capital reports to the Executive, highlighting improvement actions;
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the Accounting and Finance teams across the Group;
- Ensure all intercompany transactions and dividends are properly accounted for and that intercompany balances are reconciled each month.
The skills & attributes you will bring:
- Highly developed and complex levels of knowledge enabling you to develop original responses to complicated and unpredictable problems and situations.
- Ability to apply specialist learning involving detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to the Accounting Team.
Closing date: 22 nd June 2021
By clicking apply' you will be taken to our careers page to complete your application.